chapter 22/ Fluff

Eleanora pov

The first day had finally fucking ended, praise Satan. It had been so imaginably dull, I thought we would be learning exiting things according to Father Blackwood. He had however failed to mention that they would be exiting for 8 year olds. I opened the door to the dorm, it was spacious with a hand full of beds including my favorite sisters. My bed was between Agatha and Prudence, all my stuff had been moved up and my trunk was waiting for me. I had just showered and changed for bed, Agatha and Dorcas were already asleep so me and Prudence talked late into the night ignoring my sister who kept sending us annoyed looks. I soon fell into the sweet oblivion of sleep.

I woke up the next day dreading going to another day of boring classes I had to sit through

I woke up the next day dreading going to another day of boring classes I had to sit through. I missed Ambrose so much, I missed our reading and doing autopsies with him. He was my best friend, my brother and my father.

Ambrose pov
I lay in my room, it was quite, too quiet. I hadn't realised how much El had become so ingrained into my like. She would usually be coming in and out of my room either asking questions or just to cuddle and read a book together.

She was my little cousin, my little sister and my daughter. Is this what it feels like as a father when you're daughter moves out? The room felt so hollow without her in it, meeting her had changed me in so many ways.

I used to be so angry, angry at my family, at myself and the world around me. The only time I would leave my room was to get a drink or fresh air, I didn't feel deeply effected by Edward or Diana's death, I never even registered they had children. I would occasionally hear a baby make a noise downstairs that was it. I remember when I had first met El, she was rifling through my poetry book when I had walked in on her.

Flashback
I held a fresh cup of coffee and walked back to my room before I could make contact with the aunties or child in the house. As I was about to open the door, I froze. Tiny footsteps, the rustling of pages and shallow breaths. I silently entered the room and was surprised to see the back of a tiny figure flicking through the books on the poetry shelf.

She had long white hair, she was tiny. Her clothes hung off of her, they were black and dwarfed her. This wasn't the child I had occasionally glimpsed running around downstairs, she had pretty cloths with short hair and hairband.

I cleared my through quietly but the child froze like she had been petrified. I felt something in my heart soften to the scared creature, "Hello darling, I'm Ambrose. Who are you sweetheart?"

The girl cautiously turned to face me, I froze. She looked like an innocent little angel but that was absured since it was clear she had a witches mark. Her eyes were cast down, scared of me. My heart ached again, I placed my coffee on the closest surface and kneeled in front of her.

She still seamed hesitate but also calculating, trying to decide whether to answer my question. In a tiny voice she spoke, "Hewo Ambwose, I'm sowwy I didn't mean to invide you space. I'm Eleanowa."

I smiled slightly as she lifted her head to look at me, "What are you looking at Eleanora?"

She spoke a little more confident than last time,"I fwnished all my books and antwie H said I couldn't have anymwre and that I should stop bothewing them. I hadn't bween in this woom before and I wanted something to do. I den saw all these books and wanted to read them, I'm sowwy."

I froze, auntie H, Hilda. I frowned, that wasn't like Hilda. I had heard them mention a monster child once along with Sabrina. Was this who they were talking about? This child was tiny, too tiny, too fragile and too scared. I didn't want to scare her though so I smiled again and asked about her favourite book.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This is purely because I love their relationship in this book and thought it needed to be delved into further