Chapter 10

Ambrose POV
I stood in the corner of the room and watched as Sabrina started pressing for answers out of The High Priest, my little Devil just sat next to him and watched Father Blackwood and Sabrina like she was watching a boxing match. She just looked on intrigued, sending an occasional eye roll or sarcastic comment.

Just as Father Blackwood was about to leave, my eyes caught with El's. She gave me a silent nod encouraging me to speak, She had told me about what she'd found on the body and I investigated myself. It was horrific!

"There is one thing, your Excellency." I started but El continued on, "A body we examined had a Witches mark on its arm."
Father Blackwood nodded at us with encouragement, we led everyone down into the basement where the body was draped over with a white linen sheet.

We send either side and low pull down the sheet. It revealed a witches mark, it was like a swirl around his elbow. Father Blackwood examined it for a minute, "A witches mark. Without question. What about the boys parents?"

He looked at El who was about to answer but Aunt Hilda spoke first after exchanging a look with Aunt Zelda.
"Oh, mortal. They adopted him, Father, didn't know."

"Poor boy. Alone in the world. Raised by mortals. Never Baptized." He then turned to face Sabrina, we were all looking at her. We all knew he was trying to scare her into signing her name in The Book of The Beast but if it was the only way that it would work, so be it.

I may not love her but it was dangerous for a witch or warlock not to sign their name, I didn't want her dead. Even though she may not admit it, Eleanora didn't want her twin dead either.

I then went on to explain how no one could pinpoint the cause of death. I then told him how a Witch Hunter might be in our midsts but he wouldn't admit it. I could understand, it was a scary concept and I didn't want my little devil hurt in any way.

Soon after Father Blackwood left but not before completing Eleanora on her translation work again. I could see a slight smile on his lips after he left, which just made my heart break. She gets so little of it from the rest of our family that even a 'well done' made her feel like she won the biggest award in the world.

Zelda's pov
I watched as Father Blackwood left. What translation work? What did she mean by summoning a demon? That was impossible, she hadn't even signed her name in the book of the Beast. She would never amount to anything just like her good for nothing father or mother.

She could not even be called a witch, she was a monster. An animal. As a child I had seen what she had done and now she could do worse. I would never forget that day, the day she sealed her fate in this house.

I couldn't even bring myself to look at her after everything she had done or caused. It was all her fault, her fault they are dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating, I was on holiday in Australia for two weeks. I just arrived back and had to go to school again.