Chapter 8

Elijah

As soon as I heard those 3 words I was sent into a mode of panic.

"What is it Sofia? Are you hurt? Are you in danger?"

"I – I .... I just need you to come pick me up..." her voice was muffled as she tried to cover up the fact she was crying.

"Sure of course. Don't worry, I'll help you. Where are you right now?"

"Uhm... St. Peters Park."

Gosh what was she doing out there. That was so far from her house.

"Of course. I'll be there in ten minutes, okay?"

"Mhmm..."

With that she ended the call. I strided into the dining room where all my brothers were staring at me expectantly.

Lorenzo was the first to speak up.

"Who was it?"

"Sofia, she said she needs our help and I think she's in trouble."

"What? Where is she? I swear to god whoever hurt her will be seeing real pain tonight." Nazaire couldn't contain his anger. You could quite literally hear the venom laced in his voice.

"Calm down. I don't know the exact problem. I just picked up the phone, she sounded like she was crying, and she asked for help." I explained.

"Okay Elijah and Naz you get in the car. If I come back and find the rest of you have caused a mess you, I will be cancelling our Autumn holiday trip. Understood?" Lorenzo's voice boomed with authority.

A muffled chorus of agreement sounded through the room which satisfied Lorenzo.

Nazaire and I went into the garage and waited for Lorenzo. I was really hoping Sofia wasn't in too much trouble. If this was Dante's doing, I will personally end him.

***

We sat in silence while Lorenzo drove the car. He was definitely going over the speed limit, but we didn't care. All that was going through our heads were prayers for our sister.

Lorenzo hadn't met Sofia yet, so I really hope it doesn't cause her more distress. It was weird that he was handling everything now. I was so used to do it myself, but I guess we all needed a little help sometimes.

It took us less than 10 minutes to get to the park. It was dark and raining outside. I looked into the playground and saw a small, huddled figure sitting inside the monkey maze.

"Who's going first?" Asked Lorenzo.

"I will. She trusts me the most. When I signal you guys can come out."

"Alright"

I got out of the car and slowly walked over to her. I could tell she was crying as her body was slightly shaking and I could hear her muffled sniffles.

"Sofia? It's me Elijah."

No response, just silence. I decided to climb up the monkey maze and check on her myself. I couldn't really make out her face as she was huddled in a shadowed corner.

"Is it okay if come up to you?"

I took her silence as a yes and continued to struggle as my I was definitely too big for this childrens playground. Nonetheless I made it next to her.

"What's wrong Sof... you gotta talk to me...."

"I -I ......" she couldn't even mutter out a single sentence before she broke out into more tears.

"Shh shhh it's alright. I'm here." I whispered sweet nothings into her ear as I hugged her. Hoping this would help her relax.

"Elijah..."

"Yes Sof?"

"Who's in your car?"

"It's just Nazaire and Lorenzo. Nothing to worry about."

Sofia just hummed in response.

I waved over to my brothers, signaling it was okay for them to come over. They both got out of the car and started making their way towards us. I still hadn't figured out what was wrong with Sofia, and it was really stressing me out. If anything had happened to her I would never forgive myself.

"Hey Sofia, it's me Naz. Is everything alright.......?"

Again, the only response he received was silence. At this point I knew something had happened, and I needed to figure out what it was.

I got out my phone and turned on the torch. But before I could even look at Sofia she was out of my grasp. Her breathing quickened and she became even more anxious.

"Sofia shh. Stop worrying. I only want to help..."

"N-no it's fine. Nothing's wrong. Sorry for bothering you. I should probably get back home."

I slowly walked to her. Hoping that she would stop backing up before she fell off of the monkey maze.

"Sofia, you're not bothering us. We want to help you. Please stop moving, I don't want you to hurt yourself."

Suddenly Nazaire moved closer trying to get Sofia into his hands. Sofia noticed and took a huge step backwards.

"N-no go away. I ju-just Aahhhhh-"

It happened all too quickly. Sofia had fallen over the edge off the monkey maze onto the ground. It was not high up, but she still could have broken a bone.

All three of quickly made our way to Sofia. She was on the floor crying clutching on to her side. I quickly turned my flashlight to her, trying to inspect the worst of her injuries.

We all gasped when we saw her in the light. Her cheeks were tear stained, her arm was bruised, and her shirt was bloody.

Nazaire was the first to speak.

"Oh my god Sofia, what happened to you?"

"N-nothing, p-please. I'm sorry. I knew it was a mistake to call you."

This time Lorenzo stepped up, this was his first proper encounter with Sofia, and it was definitely not a good one. I think this scared her even more as she started hyperventilating and trying to get up. This time we were all there to stop her from getting away. I quickly engulfed her in my arms again.

"Sofia stop fighting us. We are going to help you. No one is going to hurt you. Lorenzo just wants to see if you are badly hurt"

"N-no p-please, just don't touch me"

I held her tighter to keep her from moving around. Her struggling was just going to make her even more tired. I nodded at Lorenzo and he proceeded to slightly lift Sofia's shirt. As soon as he saw how injured she was he dropped the hem of her shirt back down.

"Nazaire call the boys and tell them we are going to the hospital" ordered Lorenzo

"No no no no. No hospital... please just no ho ...." hiccupped Sofia.

I could feel she was slightly losing consciousness.

Our poor angel, what has happened to her?

_________________________
I would just like to say thank you for all the sudden reads, voted and comments I recently received.
If you have any recommendations or questions feel free to ask.
Also what do you think of the brothers so far?