Chapter 17

Sofia

A few days have passed since I arrived here. Nothing much happened. The rest of my brothers went to school or work while Nazaire and I stayed at home. Tomorrow will be my first day at my new school. To say I am a little nervous is a huge understatement.

In my last school I had no friends, and I was always by myself. I mean I know I could hang out with Nazaire, but I feel like I have already taken up a lot of his social time with his friends already. I knew I would have to make my own friends soon.

I sat in my room making sure I had packed all my stuff for tomorrow. At the moment I was actually home alone with the twins and Emiliano as Nazaire had basketball practice. My only job was to stay in my room for at least 2 hours. Not that hard. Right? Wrong.

It was just my luck that I was starving. This meant I would have to go downstairs to the kitchen. I slowly got up from my seat and made my way out of my room. It was only 6pm so I should be eating dinner anyway. I made it down to the kitchen without any problems. Thankfully I didn't meet any of my other brothers on the way there. I looked around the counters and noticed there was some roast chicken and vegetables left for me. I ate my food in silence until I was full. I then washed my plate and made my way out of the kitchen.

I suddenly realised that I would have to ask one of my other brothers to change my bandages under my rib brace. Great. Just great.

Nazaire or Elijah would usually help me, but they wouldn't be home for some time, and I was told I had to change them at 7pm sharp. Don't ask me why.

I made my way up the stairs, rubbing my sweaty palms off my pants. I didn't know exactly whose room was whose. I walked down the hallway of bedrooms until I stopped at one door. It looked like it could potentially be Emiliano's room. Something about its vibe and aura just gave me Emiliano feelings.

I lightly knocked on the door praying I was right.

I could hear a muffled groan come from the other side of the door and some shuffling before the person opened the door. I let out a slight breath of relief when I found out it was just Emiliano. Wow my guessing skills were really on point. One point to me.

Emiliano looked down at me and just started until I spoke up first.

"Uhmm I-I wondering i-if you could help me change m-my bandages? Please....."

Elijah just continued to stare at me before replying.

"Where is Elijah? Shouldn't he be doing that?"

"I'm not sure........."

"What about one of the twins? Why didn't you ask them?"

Gosh if he really didn't want to help me he could just say so.

"I-I don't think they uhmm... like me very much....." I mumbled quietly.

For a split second I saw a hint of sympathy in his face. Maybe my eyes could have tricked me but I'll just pretend I was wrong. Emiliano being sad for me? Pffft. Never in a million years. I don't know my brothers that well, but I know them well enough to know who has a heart and who doesn't.

After standing in silence for a whole other minute Emiliano stepped out of his room and followed me to my room.

I sat patiently on my bed while Emiliano changed the bandages. I started at all his tattoos trying to figure out what each one means. After contemplating I finally decided to ask.

"Why do you have so many tattoos?"

"Why not?"

Wow. My brothers will definitely be getting a reward for being able to hold a conversation for longer than 1 minute.

"Do you have a favourite tattoo?"

"Yes."

"Will you show me?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Did I come in here to play 20 fucking questions or what?"

After that comment I zipped my lips shut and kept my head down. I thought that talking to him would get him to loosen up a little bit, but he still seems annoyed by me. I'll try my best to just be quiet, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Emiliano quickly finished up what he was doing, and I made sure to thank him before he left my room. I would have to find some way to apologise to him for be so annoying. For now, I would just have to focus on getting a good night's sleep and making tomorrow a half decent day.

I hurriedly changed into my pyjamas and brushed my teeth. At this point Nazaire should have finished his basketball training and arrived home.

I left my bedroom and made my way to my brother's room. I lightly knocked on the door and then slowly entered his room. Unsurprisingly, Nazaire was just sitting on the bed on his phone

"Oh Sofia! I hope you weren't too lonely without me?"

"Uhm I guess I was a little bored."

"I knew it. What would you ever do without me?" Nazaire winked at me while making the worst attempt ever at a smirk. It was so bad that it made me laugh out loud. I continued to quietly giggle while Nazaire asked me what I was laughing at. Nazaire shuffled over slightly so he could make room for me to lie on his bed next t him.

"Are you ready for tomorrow?"

"I hope so..."

"It will be perfect! You don't have to worry about anything. I know all my friends will love you."

"Y-you're going to introduce m-me to your friends....?"

"Yeah of course. They really want to meet you because I've talked about you so much."

"I-I don't know if I'm ready..."

"Sofia relax. If you really don't want to meet my friends, it's no big deal but I think it's a great way for you to start making new friends. But I would love it if you made an effort. It's the least you owe me after changing my Roblox character into looking like Peppa Pig. My friends keep on violating me about it. They don't believe that you exist."

Now that made me truly laugh. I did that as a prank ages ago and Nazaire still wouldn't let it go. Not going to lie, but when he screamed my name from half way across the house I got really scared. I hid under my bed for an hour before he finally called a truce.

"Okay. I'll do it"

The next morning ...

"I can't do it."

__________________
This is not edited 😭
Sorry guys for the break.
Exams were stressful.
I've luckily written a few chapters during my break and it is officially summer for me now 🥳.
Thanks everyone for almost reaching 10k reads!!
I never thought I would make it this far.
To be honest I am more of and editor than a writer so it makes me happy to know so many people like my story.
Hope everyone is happy and having fun 🤩