Chapter 32

Sofia

The boys had arrived home just in time for dinner. While everyone was greeting each other Vera and I were attempting to hold in our smiles. Nazaire could tell something was off, but I think he decided to just ignore it. He was so happy that our family was having a mini reunion.

When everyone was settled down we went into the dining room and sat down.  Vera offered to hand out the drinks to everyone. She brought 'special addition cans of coca cola' for everyone to try.

"Let's make a toast for our first family dinner!" proposed Nazaire.

"Great idea" chimed Vera.

"Lorenzo, you start!" said Nazaire.

"I don't think that's such a good idea......"

"Bullshit! Make a toast." Said Leo in an exasperated tone.

"Toast. Toas. Toast. Toast." We all started chanting until Lorenzo decided to make a toast.

"Okay okay. Calm down. Also watch your language in front of your siblings. Anyway, a toast to our whole family, that's finally completed."

"Ay ay! I would also like to make a toast. I dedicate it to my beautiful cousin Sofia. Welcome back to the family." Leo said winking at me.

We all 'chinked our cans' and then opened them.

We were interrupted by a few childish squirms and screams coming from the twins. The older ones.

Prank One: Success.

Xander's and Phoenixes drink was currently exploding and foaming all over them. They looked at each other realised they were set up and instantly started glaring at Vera. They didn't even suspect me. Hilarious.

"You little bi-"

"Language Xander. We treat our guests with respect. Please relax." Said Lorenzo in a stern voice.

"What!? Do you not see what Vera's done!?"

"I didn't do anything! What are you on? It's not my fault you guys decided to shake your drinks before opening them. You should use common sense! People don't do that."

Before the twins could even start complaining again Lorenzo just glared at them and pointed at the staircase. They grudgingly got up and left the room. The younger twins were just giggling to themselves at the older twins' behaviour and Vera was smirking at me. She really was a devil in disguise.

"Vera, you need to stop playing pranks. One day karma will get you." Warned Leo jokingly, even though he was acting like the twins deserved it.

"Oh right, Sofia, do you know Italian?" asked Leo.

"No. But she's taking lessons in school now." Answered Nazaire for me.

I just can't wait for the day when I will admit to them that I actually do understand. What will they think?

We continued to eat while the whole family spoke to each other. The twins finally returned in new clothes, but sour looks were plastered on their faces.

We finished our meals and headed into one of the cosier living rooms. The younger twins sat in the corner with their own toys and activities.  The rest of us decided to set up a game of monopoly.

We all picked our figurines. Nazaire said he would let me take the dog as I would probably lose the game anyway. Apparently, my brothers were super competitive monopoly players according to him.

I think during the game I saw Xander smile for the first time ever. He was talking to Enzo about something and I thought I heard the devil snickering but it was just Xander. Shocked was not enough to explain how I was feeling.