Chapter 15

Sofia

Nazaire and I hurriedly made our way back into the house because he said, 'He didn't want to miss any shit that was about to go down.'

I would really like to know if stuff like this happened all the time. This is like the third time some random drama has started in the house. It will really take some time for me to get used to living with so many people.

When it was just me and Dante, I was basically home alone most of the time. Dante was always out somewhere doing God knows what.

When we entered the kitchen, we saw Phoenix and Xander having a heated conversation with Elijah.

"Why us? Why not you or Matteo huh?"

"You know the reason! We all have important business back at the m-"

Before Elijah could continue Nazaire made him aware of our presence by loudly clearing his throat.

"Oh perfect! You guys are right on time!" he exclaimed out loud.

"On time for what?"

"The twins here have kindly offered to take you and Sofia shopping for some schools supplies and clothes."

"Wow guys that's so nice of you! I think this is the first-time you guys have ever thought about anyone but yourselves!"

I could quite literally feel my jaw drop to the floor after Nazaire said that comment.

"Well has anyone ever told you that you are an annoying bitch" snapped Phoenix.

"Hmmm I don't think so.... You must be the first. Congrats!"

I had no idea how Nazaire had so much confidence to roast his brothers. I could tell by their faces that they definitely did not want to go anywhere with us.

"Enough arguing boys. You better start moving if you want to make it home in time for dinner."

***

We sat in car listening to whatever music the twins were playing on the radio. Phoenix was driving the car and I swear I saw Xander searching up on his phone 'Discrete ways to get rid of you sister'.

I have no idea how things could any worse. I was just thankful that Nazaire was here to break the tension and protect me from the two monsters in the front.  

They were always so grumpy and moody towards me. I didn't know what I could do to make them like me.

By the time we made it to this huge shopping centre the twins seemed calm enough to not send random hateful glares at me. They were honestly really creeping me out at this point.

Nazaire first brought me to some random stationery shop, and I bought lots of pens, colours, highlighters, copies and basically all the essentials. I felt my conscience nagging me about the cost of all the items.

We then went into the apple shop, and I was shocked when Xander randomly handed me a MacBook and an iPhone. He didn't even say anything. I was about to refuse since I already had a phone, but he just stared at me with a weird look that said 'Shut up and take it or I will literally fucking punch you'. Don't even ask me how I knew this, I just did.

When we went to the clothes shop Nazaire just grabbed anything he said the girls on Pinterest wore. Then when I asked what he was doing on Pinterest in the first place, and he just told me it was an inspirational app. I mean who was I to argue with him?

I was shocked at the amount of clothes the boys were letting me buy. After 10 minutes of contemplating my life, I went up to Phoenix and told him.

"Are you sure about this Phoenix? I don't think I need so much........"

"Do I look like I care? It's not even my money. So shut up and deal with it."

After that short two lined conversation I decided it was best to not even go near the twins.

When I told Nazaire he said it was perfectly fine and if anything, I should be getting more clothes. I knew my brothers were loaded but I think it we will take me a long time to get used to.

By the time we made it back to the car I was utterly exhausted. I was about to lie down in the car until I felt a slight pain in my rib cage that caused me to wince. Nazaire went into full panic mode.

"What happened?! Is it your ribs? Do we need to take you to the hospital? Please tell me what it is?"

"Calm down Naz, I was just lying in an uncomfortable position. Everything is fine."

Nazaire did not seem convinced by my response and just continued to side eye me for the rest of the journey home. I knew he was going to tell Elijah as soon as we got home.

The twins decided to stop at a McDonalds on the way home, but I didn't get anything because I knew I wouldn't have room for dinner later. While the boys were shoving burgers in their faces I decided to excuse myself and use the bathroom.

"If you are not back in 5 minutes we will leave without you" warned Xander.

I was so worried he would actually do it that I ran to the bathroom before even replying. I could never tell if he was lying or not, but I wouldn't take my chances.

I went into the cleanest empty stall and did my business. As I was just about to flush the toilet I heard two muffled male voices arguing.

"Ugh why did we have to come here?! If someone catches us you are doing the talking!"

"Shut up! I swear I saw her walk in here."

What the fuck were two men doing in the women's bathroom. I would've hid in the stall for a bit longer but I kept thinking about Xander's threat to abandon me. So after contemplating my choices I quickly flushed the toilet and went out the stall to wash my hands.

I peeked at the mirror to see the two men standing near the door and staring at me.

"Uhm w-what are you doing in here?"

As one of the men started to approach me I took a few steps back.

"We have a message for you little Sofia."

"D-do I know you?"

"No, but you will?" the man said smiling creepily.

Gosh he was so ugly. He had a few missing teeth and I could smell the stench of cigarettes coming from him even though he was literally standing a metre away from me.

"C-can you like get out of here?"

The ugly man ignored me and turned to the other one.

"Pass me the bag now." Ordered the ugly man

The other man tossed him a small black gear bag. The ugly man unzipped it and pulled out a small envelope and handed it to me.

"Don't tell anyone about what happened here. Not even your brothers. If you do there will be severe consequences. Open the letter when you are alone."

With that both men scurried out of the bathroom and left me standing speechless.

What in the world just happened?

__________________________
Thank you guys so much for +5k reads!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Did any of you watch Eurovision last week? If so what were your thoughts or who were you going for ??!?

I'll be taking a break after chapter 16 is posted : ) I hope you all understand