Chapter 24

Sofia

I went to bed that night with a pounding headache, aching ribs, and swollen eyes.

Relatable. Right? Maybe not the ribs part though....

I went to sleep after taking another painkiller but obviously it didn't work as I woke up in the middle of the night. It wasn't that late though, like 1 am.  I decided to go downstairs and drink a glass of water before going back to sleep.

The house seemed eerily quiet, with it being so dark and everything being silent I was low-key creeped out. I haven't had a moment of silence while I was at this house. I wish I could say it was nice and relaxing, but it wasn't.

Just before I was about to head down the third flight of stairs, I heard some noise coming from the one of the rooms on the other side of the hallway. Me being the curious person I am, I decided to go check it out. I silently tip-toed down the hall until I realised that the noise was coming from the boys 'man cave'. Nazaire told me that it was like their sacred area and it was best if I didn't go in there. But after what he did earlier, I'm saying fuck him and fuck his privacy. Not going to be my problem anymore.

The door was left slightly ajar, I peeked my head through the door to see Emiliano passed out cold and the tv still playing. I scanned the room for anyone else, as soon as I saw he was alone I decided to creep inside. The pile of empty cans suggested that a lot of my brothers were here before and then left.

I looked around for some clues that might be some kind of giveaway to my brothers' secrets. But there was nothing, I was about to leave the room when I noticed that Emiliano had left his phone on the small coffee table in front of him.

I decided to pick it up and test my luck hoping there was no password.

And guess what?

I hit the jackpot. Let's go.

As soon as I turned on the phone, I was already in the messages app. It was a group chat between Alessandro, Xander, Phoenix and him. As I read through the messages I felt more sadness and anger build up.

It was all messages of them making fun of me.

Xander: Fucks sake that bitch is going to ruin our lives..... she's already changing everything

Emiliano: I know right! I have to leave my fucking job just to go and collect her

Phoenix: She's so dumb that she couldn't even tell anyone about what happened with two shit ass men.

Xander: Finally some people have some sense in this house! I though Lorenzo was losing his mind taking her in.

Alessandro: Yeah, our home is not the place for some little girl who can't protect herself

Xander: I wish Elijah never brought her here in the first place, actually scratch that. I wish she had died in the accident with mom.

Xander's last text was left on read by the rest of the group. It was that last message that made me shed even more tears.

I started sobbing.

I didn't realise I had been caught until I turned to see Emiliano standing above me.

"What are you doing with my phone?"

"Nothing, here take it."

I hurriedly stood up and handed him back his phone. He looked back down at the screen to see what I was looking at. His eyes shot straight back up to mine and he had this guilty shocked look on his face.

"How much did you read?"

"Enough to know how you all really feel about me."

Before he could even respond I quickly turned around and ran back straight to my room and cried myself to sleep again.

***

Friday.

I took a quick shower and washed my face with cold water in an effort to hide the fact that I had been crying all night.

Last night while I was thinking to myself I decided I wouldn't try to form any emotional connections with my brothers. If they wanted me to fuck off, I would do it gladly.

I had woken up a little bit early so I was the only one in the kitchen. As soon as I started eating a bowl of cereal Elijah appeared. I decided I wouldn't hold any grudges against Elijah and Matteo as they had been nothing but nice to me.

"Good morning, Sofia. I have some things to discuss with you." He happily chirped.

Of course he did. Okay maybe I would hold a slight grudge till the end of the day because I was still pretty annoyed, and I wanted to be petty. So yeah. I stayed silent and continued to eat my cereal calmly.

"Look I know you might be mad about Nazaire invading your privacy but please don't be mad at him, he was just looking out for you and when he saw the letter, he got curious and decided it was in your best interest to make sure you were okay I don't think he meant to cause you any har-"

Are you fucking kidding me?

"So you think that he is in the right? It was okay for him to go looking through my stuff?"

"That's not what I'm saying..."

"Then what ARE you saying?"

"I'm saying that you should forgive him a-"

"So you are saying what he did is okay. So basically that means you think it's of for Nazaire to go snooping through my things in my room."

"No I don't think it's okay. But this time and exception need to be made."

"Why?"

"Because that letter contained dangerous information."

"And what was so dangerous about it?"

"That I cannot tell you."

"UGHHHH why not?! It's my letter and I have the right to know."

"Your legal guardian Lorenzo and I decided that in your best interest you do not need to know."

"You know if you all really cared about my best interest you wouldn't treat me like shit!"

"Sofia!! Where did that come from?"

"From my mouth."

"You know you are being really disrespectful right now! I would watch my tongue if I were you." He threateningly implied.

"Do whatever you want. Ground me for all I care."

"You know what I will. You are grounded for a week, that means no fun and no hanging out."

"Seems perfectly fine to me."

It's not like I go anywhere anyway.

With that I turned on my heel and marched out the room.

I walked out the house and took a deep shaky deep breath.

I didn't know what was wrong with me. I was getting angrier every day.

I don't know where I suddenly got the confidence to argue with my brothers, but I knew it wouldn't help me.

Lol early new chapter because I'm bored in school 😐