Chapter 33

Sofia

When I woke up the smell of pancakes and waffles instantly took over my senses. I looked around the room. I guessed Vera had already woken up and left. I could hear Nazaire's loud snores from the foot of my bed so I assumed he was still flat out.

I slowly tried to get up but nearly collapsed as soon as I even attempted it. My legs felt like jelly and were definitely not stable. This was my punishment for exerting myself yesterday.

After waddling down to the kitchen, I found Vera listening and dancing to music with Alessandro and making pancakes together. I could tell they were close. It kind of made me envy Vera. She had grown up with my brothers and probably knew more about them than I did. It would take me months or even years to create a bond or any kind of relationship with my other brothers.

I helped them set the table up and served some bowls of fruit on the table while waiting for the rest of my cousins and brothers to wake up and eat breakfast.

Suddenly I heard a monster like roar erupt from upstairs. There was a bit of crashing and banging coming from the 2nd floor. Then it all just went quiet. Vera and I shared a concerned look before a furious Xander barged into the room. There was one thing that my eyes instantly noticed.

His hair. It was bright neon pink.

Prank 2 complete.

Vera had mixed a non-permanent pink hair dye in his shampoo. We just wouldn't tell him that it's non-permanent.

As soon as he saw Vera standing in the middle of the room he raced towards her.

"You are actually so fucking done you bitch. Do you know what's going to happen to me?! My reputation will be fucking ruined. I've had enough of your bullshit jokes and pranks you are for real going to pay for it now!!"

Alessandro had to jump in front of Vera before Xander could even reach her. If looks could kill Vera would be dead by now. He looked like a feral beast. His face was redder than a tomato, steam was pooling out of his ears and his mouth was bubbling up with foam seeping out(definitely not exaggerated).

Vera and I evacuated the kitchen before the situation escalated. Vera honestly was the biggest rebel I've ever met. She wasn't even scared about getting in trouble! From that moment I decided Vera would be my role model.

We were informed by Nazaire that I was finally safe for us to go downstairs again when Xander 100% left the premises. Apparently, he went of somewhere to calm down as instructed by Lorenzo.

For the rest of the day, we just played games and continued to chat. It was one of the best weekends of my life. When Xander finally returned his hair was still pink, but he didn't seem as mad, he just kind of ignored everyone and locked himself in his room with Enzo and Phoenix.

A few hours later it was finally time for the cousins leave. I was happy with their visit. I had spoken to nearly everyone except for Enzo but that didn't really bother me at all. If he was anything like Xander and Phoenix, it would be in my best interest to just not bother him It didn't bother me though as I knew I already had Leo, Vera, Romeo and Aria. Leo told me that I could babysit them every once in a while, I was actually excited about it. They were acting so cute and adorable when I was playing with them earlier. They weren't bratty and selfish like those iPad kids, but instead they were just polite and bubbly which is so weird for young children these days. They began crying when they realised that it was time for them to go home. I gave them a hug before they got buckled into their car seats. Vera promised me she would visit again soon and warned me to not eat the cake that they had brought over. We quickly gave each other our social media usernames before hugging as well. Enzo just kind of side-eyed me before getting into the car and before I could even turn around I found myself being swooped into Leo's arms. He whispered something about hidden gifts in my room and to not tell Lorenzo anything about them. His hug reminded me of when Elijah hugged me for the first time ever. It was so warm and welcoming. He kissed my forehead before hopping into the driver's seat himself.

Nazaire and I waved them off until we couldn't see their car anymore. We wanted to run with the car but after last nights activities it was deemed impossible. Again we waddled back to the house where I was instantly met with an angry Xander. Surprise.

"I bet you helped that bitch with her little pranks!" He sneered.

"I- I what?", still slightly startled by his sudden outburst.

"You heard me. I know exactly what you did!" he began walking closer towards me, pointing an accusative finger in my face.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about...." I responded trying to back away slowly until my back made contact with the wall and I couldn't move any further away. It obviously didn't help as he had now trapped me and was menacingly towering above me.

"Of course you don't. Because you are a liar. A shit talking liar. If you don't leave me alone I swear to God that I will do everything in my power to make sure you are removed from this house. You hear me-"

"What the hell dude! Stop!" Nazaire had pushed Xander back as soon as he realised what was happening.

"You stay out of it!" Xander warned.

"No, she's you're sister and here you are threatening her like she ruined your like or something-"

"That's because she did."

"W-what?! Take that back right now, you don't mean it-"

"Nazaire stop. If that's how he feels about me I'm completely fine with it. Just leave it."

I rushed up the stairs ignoring the pain in my legs and the tears that were threatening to pour out of my eyes. I crashed into a hard chest right, I would've fell over if the person hadn't grabbed my shoulders and steadied me.

I looked up to check who it was, Phoenix. As soon as he saw my tears his usual stone hard cold face softened into a concerned expression.

"I-I...... what happened?"

"Why do you care? It's not like you did before."

"I......I'm sorry... I do care."

"W-what?!"

"I- forget it.." Phoenix swiftly turned around and went into his own room, leaving me in my confused crying state in the middle of the hallway.

As soon as I made into my own room I finally let the tears roll down my cheeks.

I didn't think the pranks would be so serious but after seeing Xander's reaction it seemed like they meant more to him that I had even expected. Xander could take out as much of his anger on me as he wanted, but I would do anything it takes to not go back to Dante.........

Hey guys sorry for the late update 😬
I had SO MUCH school work this week 😩
I'm not even kidding when I say I was doing over two hours of work every evening.
Anyway on Friday and Saturday I was able to relax so I just wrote this chapter now 😭
I was so stuck on what to write at the start but when I was ending the chapter the words were just flowing out of me like......... waterfall ????
Anyways I hope you enjoy it!!!!!