Chapter 25

Sofia

The whole journey to school was silent. I was in a separate car to Nazaire so I didn't have to worry about him and the rest of my brothers were just silent.

When I opened my car door I left as soon as possible so Elijah didn't even get a chance to say goodbye to me. My first lesson was music. Knowing this my mood changed entirely. I was happy to see my new friends, including Kenna.

As soon as I entered the music room a small bubbly old woman approached me.

"Ahhh you must be the new student. What's your name?"

"S-sofia."

"What a beautiful name! Welcome to my class. My name is Ms. Vichy!" She greeted me with a hu which rather surprised me.

"Do you know how to play any instruments? It's tradition for every new student to play or perform something in any kind of way."

What?

Was she serious?

I didn't want to play in front of the whole class....

"She told me she plays piano miss." Kenna replied, with an evil grin on her face.

She was so going to pay for that.

"Excellent!"

Before I could even respond Ms. Vichy pushed me over to the grand piano and motioned for me to begin playing.

Oh my gosh every one was staring at me.

I had two choices... run out or die.

No Sofia.

I can do it.

I took a few deep breaths before beginning to play the third movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

The few bars were off tempo and I had made a few audible mistakes, but as I continued to focus on the keys I was pressing and the notes I was playing I forgot that I was performing in front of my new class.

As I played the last few notes the whole class burst into a round of applause. I felt so proud in that moment. The teacher came up to me and hugged me again with tears in her eyes.

"My dear that was so magnificent, I have never had such a fine piano player in my class. It is my pleasure to formally welcome you here. You have to play that piece at the school's annual anniversary next week as a member of the music group! What do you think?"

I had never played in front of that many strangers. It was different in front of my class as they were my peers. We had a certain amount of respect for each other and I already knew about half of them. But this could be my chance to prove my brothers wrong.

"I'll do it."

"Fantastic!!!! I cannot express how happy I am. Now please take a seat and we will continue our wonderful lesson."

I slowly made my way to the free seat beside Kenna.

"That was brilliant!!! I didn't know you could play that well !!?"

"It's my secret talent." I winked back at her.

"This is just so great, aren't you happy I volunteered you? Just wait till Nazaire hears you will be playing at the ceremony-"

"Wait." I stopped her before she could grab her phone from her bag.

"Can you just keep this out little secret. There is some stuff happening between us at the moment and I don't want him to know....."