Chapter 5

Not many of you know what really being drunk is like. I told myself I would only have three beers and that's it. Yeah..... that didn't last long.

Right now, my count is three beers and five shots. Werewolves have better organs than humans so its like I only had two beers total.

And I'm not a lightweight so I just keep drinking. And dancing. Dancing is good.

The house is huge, and it has to be since there are like two hundred people here. I'm pretty sure that no normal lights are on- only a few colored ones. There is a disco ball hanging from the ceiling of the dance floor which is crowded with people.

I live on the dance floor and am currently a sweaty mess. I obviously don't look that bad since every five minutes a new pair of hands is on my waist, and a muscular body is grinding on my own.

The song 'Selfie' by Chainsmokers, ends and I gently pull myself away from the body and hear a low growl behind me. I chuckle and wink at the man standing behind me before heading over to the bar again.

I grab a bud light and scan the room for Alex. I saw her grab a boy and head down a hallway a while ago and I know she wouldn't give him her V-card so she should be back.

I scanned the room one more time, watching all the people talking and laughing and being carefree. I wonder if I'll ever be like that again.

I take a swig before stalking back over to the dance floor. I found my friendly handed man and we began our hot dance again.

Song after song I danced and lost track of time. People were still dancing around me, though, so I wasn't worried. With in the last however many minutes, I'd consumed five more beers. I just couldn't get enough and the pain of everything was completely gone but every so often it would come back and I would just drink some more and it would go away. Probably will regret it later but not now.

I felt a tingly sensation run down my back but I ignored it. Soon, though, it got stronger and stronger. I could hear my wolf trying to tell me something but I couldn't understand what she was saying. My head was a jumbled mess of words.

I heard a growl behind me before the hands on my waist were ripped off me. I stopped moving and turned around. Friendly Hands was on the floor with a very, very muscular man standing over him. He had a strong scent so I knew he had to be an alpha. I stood and watched as Friendly Hands got the life punched out of him.

People around me stopped dancing to watch the scene go down. Blood sprayed over the poor man's face and body. The scene reminded me of something but my stupid brain couldn't put the two pieces together. I thought long and hard before the image of my dear brother popped into my head.

I gasped and clutched my chest. Pain swam through my body and my blood became boiling hot. I stared at the bloodied mess in front of me and my vision blurred.

I stifled a scream and squeezed my eyes shut. My breathing was uneven and I could barely keep myself upright. I felt all the pain from the past four months hit me like a train.

Two strong hands took hold of my shoulders and I heard voices all around me. I opened my eyes. My brother's face was right in front of me, blood and all. I screamed and tried to get away from the hands that were holding me. I screamed again and a hand came over my mouth and someone picked me up. Natural instinct told me to stop fighting but I didn't trust myself anymore.

I hear a door slam and keep trying to squirm out of my captor's grasp. He tightens his hold and I feel myself being pushed up against a wall. I start to panic again but two hands grasp the sides of my face and I immediately calm down.

"Open your eyes." A low, masculine voice whispers and I obey what he says.

Piercing blue eyes meet mine. I look his face over and conclude this man to be the most gorgeous man I've ever seen standing in front of me. He has a defined jaw and cheek bones. His hair was dark brown and I feel a sudden urge to run my fingers through it.

He rubbed my cheek in a soothing motion and I finally figure out who he is. "Oh my gosh, you're my mate."

Ooooooooo finally time to meet the mate.