Chapter 21

I stare back at him in horror, hoping- praying that my entire life hasn't been a lie. "What.... What does that mean?"

Don looks at me with sadness, not pity. I am glad. I don't think I can handle pity. "Your parents are alive, Katherine. You are the product of a love so great, it wasn't a reality; it couldn't stay the same."

No.

No, no, no.

This isn't supposed to happen.

I hear staggard breathing and I realize its me. My heart beat is no longer under control. How could it be?

Everything has been a lie.

All the pain and sadness- it wasn't real. It shouldn't have been.

They lied. They made me believe a false truth. They could have told me. They had 19 years to tell me but they didn't.

But maybe they would have.

No. No they wouldn't have.

So much pain- no, hurt -runs through me and I suddenly can't breath. I desperately clutch at my chest, an effort to make the weight lift. It doesn't work.

I hear someone yelling my name but it sounds so far away. Everything is so far away.

I stumble back till I hit a wall and then place my hands on my knees to try and catch my breath.

I suddenly feel the urge to get out of here- to run. So I do.

I run down the halls. Some other nurses try to stop me and ask me if I'm okay. I ignore them and just keep running.

I jump into my car and drive. I don't know where I'm going I just need to get out of here, and fast.

I drive for about an hour before I pull over. I sit in silence and just think.

My mom and dad are alive. They gave me away but had a good reason. Did they come back for me? No. Could they have? Probably.

Everything I've been through: my parents death and my brother and my mate leaving me and now being pregnant, it wasn't supposed to happen to me.

I was the product of love. Isn't that supposed to last. No, I guess not because it obviously hasn't.

All the pain and heart wrenching sadness I had to endure because the only people I had, left me. And now to know that my real parent gave me up? They didn't find a way to get me back. It hurts.

I don't realize heavy tears are rolling down my face till I taste the salty mixture. Before I know it, I'm crying and then one sob comes after the other. I cover my mouth with my hands to try and keep it all in but nothing works. I'm a mess and a half and I don't care.

I let all my pain out and slam my fists on the steering wheel.

"They all left me." I sob out. "That left me here on this damned earth and I can't do anything about it."

I hear my wolf whimpering in my head and I know she feels my pain too. The loss and the heart ache- it just hurts. I clutch at my chest, hoping to make the pain go away. Nothing works.

I need Gage.

The thought just pops right into my head. A moment goes by in silence before I let out more hearty sobs.

I need my mate and he isn't here.

No one is.

————-

Gage'sPOV

"What have you found?" My father asks sitting across from me. He is very active for his age. The pros of having alpha blood. All his physical features show his to be 40 instead of 60 except some of the wrinckles.

Werewolve's aging process slows down when we hit 25, hence his young looks.

I shake my head. "I don't have anything, father. No one knows what the rogues are up to. Some of my undercover boys overheard that two of the men were on a hunt and spotted two girls. They approached but both ended up bloody in the street." If that were someone I knew, I would surely give her some sort of award. "As far as that-"

My father interrupts. "Son, I'm not talking about in the rogues." His tone is soft and caring. I freeze once I realize what he is talking about.

"I have no leads. None." I whisper. Finding Kat is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. If you ask any one of my soldiers they would tell you she must be dead, out if the country, or just damn good at hiding. I hope it's the last option.

My father sighs. "You called every alpha in the vicinity?"

I nod. "It doesn't make sense for her to be in a different state right? I mean only the locals go to that party."

My father thinks for a second before looking back at me. "But what if she isn't local anymore?"

I stare wide eyed at what my father just implied. She had to leave for some reason. Could that reason have been me? I growl at the thought.

"Son." My father warns. He hates it when I growl, even though he does it himself.

"So now I have to call every alpha in the country? The United States has way to many alphas. It would take me days to call all of them.

But it would be worth it.

"Tell you what, I'll make a few calls to some old friends and see where that goes alright."

I eye him wearily before dismissing him and telling him to hurry. And yes I did add a please to the end of my request.

I figure it would be better to get my manners in check before I find Kat again. Something tells me that she won't be to keen on jumping right back in with me. She's just stubborn that way.

I smile at the thought. She is verystubborn and kind and gentle but harsh when she needs to be. And one glance at her shows that she can and will fight if she needs to. Perfect luna material.

I have found myself doing this almost the entire day. Thinking about her. Making a list in my mind of what she is like. Making up stories n my mind of what we will do together. Get married? I sure as hell hope so. And then come all the pups. I am planning on like 8 maybe or 9. We can handle that.

Together of course.

Yesssssssss.

So my plans for this book are totally going as planned and it is gonna be good guys!

Keep reading and voting and commenting ...... even tho I have no comments..... Oh well.

~KB