Chapter 14

Making plans are my thing. You know this already. Some of them are fun and ambitious. Some of them are boring and take forever. Some are safe and some are dangerous.

The plan I'm making now? Dangerous.

I told myself that I would have to be semi careful since I am caring a baby. Which is living inside me and over the past few hours I've come to realize exactly what this means.

And that was obviously followed by loads and loads of fat tears. I eventually ran out and refused to even glance in the mirror because I already know that I look like shit.

So, my plan to get out of here has been difficult all things considered. After I dresses in cozy clothes, I explored a little and found guards partoling pretty much every possible exit that I could take and some were even standing in front of storage closets.

I guess Brad still thinks I'm going to escape. I still need to figure out why he needs me so bad. All I know is that it has something to so with the rogues and my parents. Not very comforting.

I pace back and forth in my medium sized room. I have three options pretty much.

1. I need to get him to lead me outside so that I can make a distraction and get the hell out of here. Not my best idea.

2. I need to have an alliance. It would help if I knew what is happening in the pack right now. Alex! I need to speak with Alex.

3. I can somehow.......kill a guard and make a run for it. But it would most likely end up being guards. Plural.

I know that I won't be able to escape like tomorrow, but hopefully soon. Maybe after I find more info on what Brad needs me for.

A light nock sounds on my door and I quickly walk, because running isn't allowed, to bed.

"Come in!" I yell.

One second a head peaks into the room and the next, someone runs over to me and I'm having the life squeezed out of me.

"My golly, Kat! I though I would never find you!" Alex says.

A huge smile overcomes my face. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting us out of here of course." She pulls me to stand but I don't move from there.

"Um, how exactly are we getting out? And how did you even get down here?" So many questions pore into my mind. There are guards everywhere. At least one of them had to have stopped her. Unless they decided to leave right after I realized them all.

She shrugs. "I told the lady that I was here to surprise my grandma and she let me in."

My mouth drops open. If I had known this three weeks ago, I would be stomping to up to the receptionist, fuming. It is not supposed to be that easy to get passed security.

"And I may have gotten some people to create a long enough distraction for us to escape." She gives me a sheepish look and I decide not to even ask who she got help from. As long as we are getting out of here, I'm okay.

I nod and lead her over to my closet. At some point someone brought some of my personal belongings and some clothes in here. I passed her a bag and she goes to the bathroom to pack my things while I stay in the closet and fold my clothes.

"We have about fifteen more minutes before we need to get out of here, okay? I think that's enough time." She calls to me.

"Got it." I say.

I finish folding the clothes and bring the pile to the bathroom. When I get there, Alex is standing there staring down at a bottle. Her face is full of confusion and fear. I take another step toward her, already knowing what is in her hand. Fear overcomes me and I become really, really terrified. I put my acting skills to the test and cover it all up.