Chapter 33

Pain envelopes me. It's everywhere, running all through my body, to every part. I'm a fire needing to be burnt out. But no one is here with water.

But the worst of it comes from my lower stomach.

I've been in labour for two hours. All the while, I've been stuck in this hell hole of a jail alone. Brad being Brad, put me in the exact same cell I was in before. There was no different, except I was completely and utterly alone. It was too quiet. And I like the quiet usually. But not now.

Another wave of pain contracts through my body and I curl myself tighter into the ball I've been in on the floor. Yes, the concrete.

I shouldn't complain, though. I could be dead. I'm lucky my wounds have all healed. It went faster than normal and I secretly have been thinking Brad injected me with something.

Multiple things actually. One for the healing and one to slow down the birthing process. Most wolves would have there pups after about an hour or two maybe three. But my contractions are still really far apart and I can just feel that the baby isn't going to be coming for a long while.

I just hope it isn't too long, I mean I am in labor with the baby I've been expecting for four months. I'm drowning in excitement but sadly my fear overrules it still.

Is Brad going to like..... I don't know...... Get someone to help me? I have no idea how this goes.

Since I've woken up, I've had a lot of time to think. Have you noticed?

I wait, maybe another hour, before I hear the clang of the metal door way down at the end of the tunnel.

I wait another five minutes before the footsteps stop in front of my cell. I make no acknowledgement to the person.

"I know you're awake."

Brad.

"I know." I say. I cringe inwardly as more pain follows. I hate looking weak in front of other people. Especially him.

He huffs a laugh. "Hurts like a bitch doesn't it?"

Anger curses through me and I sit up, facing him. "No Brad," I seethe. "It hurts like fucking hell. Thanks to you, it will be like this for a whole lot longer too."

I keep the smirk off my face as his eyes widen.

"How did you figure it out?" He asks. His eyes narrowed. "Did someone tell you?"

I scuff. "Please. Like I need someone to tell me when I get drugged. Come on Brad I'm smarter than that and you know it."

He smirks. "Yes, I do know that. But its too bad your friends aren't as smart as you."

"What are you talking about?"

His smile widens. "You think Michael was the only one with spies? I know your entire plan. Including your part. But you know what? That would have helped me so much. Having the person I need for the spell right in my hands? It was almost perfect." His smile fatlered. "Too bad I couldn't wait that long."

"I don't understand, Brad. Lay it out nicer." I grumble. More waves of pain wash over me and Brad actually looks a little sad. He covers it up quickly. Smart kid.

"Your baby. I need it." He states.

My mouth falls open. How psychotic is he?

"No way into hell."

"Yes way in hell, babe. Your baby is going to be born in about six hours if the drug works correctly. Then, I will just use some of his or her blood to activate the amulet. It's as simple as that."

He is obviously more screwd up that I thought. How could my baby, of all babies, activate the stupid thing.

"Why my baby?" I ask. My head starts to pound.

Great. This is all just great.

"Your parents were both of alpha blood." He holds up his hands to keep me from interrupting. "And yes, it is true so don't even deny it. So that makes you, a pure blooded Alpha. But then, you mated with an alpha and are having a second generation pure alpha child. That is what I need. The blood is only strong enough after the first generation."

I stare blankly at him. How could this be true?

Don't cry. Don't cry!

"Speechless? I know, its a lot to take in." He says. I want to punch him so bad right now but I know for a fact my legs are not working.

Then something dawns on me.

"Wait. Way in the beginning you were going to sell me to the rogues weren't you?" That's what Alex said. My eyes narrow. "You were involved in my parents killing weren't you?"

Brad smile wickedly and I blink the tears away. "Someone's been busy finding information haven't they?"

"Yes, I was going to sell you to rogues but that was before I found out that I still needed you for the amulet. And yes I did intentionally have your step parents killed. They would have just gotten in the way. And I also knew that it would be the perfect opportunity for me to grow closer to you, to gain your trust a little more."

"Why?"

"You needed to mate with a alpha. I'm an alpha. Gage just happened to show up in the picture at the perfect time." He lazily leans on the bars of the cell, like none of this matters, like its just another story he has to tell.

However I am the exact opposite. I'm a whole mix of emotions and one I can name right now. Rage.

"You were going to try and have sex with me?!" I yell.

He groans as if I should know all this already. "No, babe, listen. I would have made you pregnant. I wasn't going to try. I was going to do it. Whether you wanted it or not."

"You sick bastard." Was all I could say before the bile waiting in my throat wouldn't stay down any longer. I crawl over to the corner and throw it up and then dry heave.

I listen as Brad walks away, laughing.

Once I know he's gone. I let the tears fall from my eyes. Both for the physical and mental pain.

It shoots up my spine and I can't help the cry that falls from my lips. Heart wrenching sobs wrack my body and I can't do anything to stop them.

But surprisingly, I fall into a deep, deep sleep.

Whoa. Lots of secrets unwound.

Sooooooooo over 4,000 views and over 200 votes!!! That's amazing guys! Thank you all soooo much.

Maybe givey new story a chance? It's a werewolf book also.

Vote.
Comment.
Share.

~KB