Chapter 19

Two months later.

I stand in front of the full length mirror and check out my outfit. Baby blue scrubs and a darker blue top.

It turns out that we stopped traveling from Brad at just the right time. We now live in the Silver Moon pack who had welcomed us with open arms.

Me and Alex have an apartment together right next to the pack house. Andrew, our new alpha, wouldn't let us buy the place or pay for anything for that matter. The only reason I have a job is to try and get my life back to normal. It isn't even a real job, though, since I just work at the pack hospital.

My baby bump has grown to the size of a human pregnancy of 4 months. I've been attending all the usual check ups and the doctor's and everything is going fine.

"Alex I'm heading out!" I yell as I pack up my keys and purse. I've been given direct orders to drive where ever I need to go which makes no sense since walking doesn't hurt anything. Apparently having an alpha baby has risks.

I hear thumping coming toward the front door. Alex emerges from the corner with the worst bed head and wrickled clothing.

I stiffle a laugh. "You do know that you have to be at Alpha's in 20 minutes right?"

"Yeah I'll only take five minutes." She mumbles and then yawns.

"Okay, well have fun." I say and open our apartment door.

"Yeah, yeah. You too." She says and stumbles back down the hall to her room.

I shake my head and smile. Life here has been good. Really good. We haven't heard anything from Brad or Gage and sometimes that's a good thing.

I've had trouble sleeping lately but I guess that is expected.

I walk down the stairs of the apartment building and hear a door opening from behind me. I know who it is even before I turn around.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Hello Scott." I say and slowly turn around.

So here is the story of Scott. His mate rejected him because he slept with other girls while with her. That was two years ago and ever since, he has had his sight set on finding a new mate. Apparently I'm a sight for him.

Oh, and he has only asked me out.... what?...... 10 times with in 2 months?

Yeah. You get my problem here.

"You're off early this morning." He says and walks fully out of his apartment.

I get a good look at his rock hard abs. Don't get me wrong, this guy is not so bad looking and is fit enough to be a body builder.

"I took an earlier shift today." To avoid you.

"Wow, I never would have thought you would give up more sleep to go work." He says. I keep myself from rolling my eyes. He thinks he knows me so well.

He runs his hands through his blonde hair.

Gage's is nicer.

Great. Here come all the thoughts. I've found it that, ever since moving here and seeing any boy, I always compare him to Gage.

So, you can just infer here that I have not gotten over what happened. But I can tell you that 2 months has helped the pain go away.

"Well, I just thought it would be nice to get out earlier." I say awkwardly.

He nods and throws me a smile.