Chapter 1

Chapter 1ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter 1
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

"Sydney what kind of colors are you going to have for you wedding?" my mother demands to know on the phone. She has yet to meet my fiancé Finnegan Olander yet here she is worried about my colors for my wedding.

"I don't know Mom. Finn and I have to set a date. Then pick a spot for the wedding. Which might be by the ocean where we first met" I begin to explain to her about my relationship with Finn.

Well things were a bit complicated with Finn and his family. My fiancé used to be a merman. We fell in love after he rescued me from drowning in the ocean as well as my everyday problems in my life. Our love for each other turned him human.

Now we are trying to plan this wedding. With humans on my side of the family. Merfolk on his side of the family. How was I going to tell my mom hey my boyfriend used to be a merman? She would have me sent to the loony ward for sure.

"You better start thinking of these things Sydney. Your wedding will happen fast. Trust me. I still do not see what the rush is to marry this man. You have plenty of time to date you know. I mean you just met him this summer. Now you are marrying him this quickly. I don't like it" Mom tells me.

I sigh.

Little did she know what Finn and I have been through just to be able to date each other? Then she would understand why we want to marry. We never want to part again.

• ❤︎ •

"Mom, I am not you. I am not DAD. I wish you would see Finn and I love each other. As I told you before if you do not approve of this wedding fine don't be there. Your loss. I am marrying Finn. You will not stop me. And why can't you be as supportive like Grandma is?" I snap angrily.

She had never even met Finn. Here she was already trying to judge him. Like Finn was not good enough for me. I was not going to put up with it. I was an adult now. This was my life! Not hers.

"Number one your Grandma is crazy in the first place. Who do you think encouraged me to marry your Dad so quickly? Your Grandma that is who Sydney Shoopman. Second of all, she has met Finn. I might feel better about this wedding if I met this young man" mentions my Mom.

"Well get down here. You are more than welcome to meet Finn any time" I tell her.

"I will as soon as I can" Mom tells me. Finn comes in the kitchen. I did not want him to over here the heated argument I was having with my Mom on the phone about him. It would certainly hurt Finn's feelings.

"I have to go now Mom. Keep in touch okay?" I ask her. Trying to rush her off the phone.

"This is FAR from over with Sydney. I will talk more about this later. With that Finn of yours" she demands.