Chapter 8

Chapter 8ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

   Chapter 8
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

  "So you are really having a baby?" Finn stammers once we are home in our bedroom. He was as shocked as I was.

  "Yes Finn, we are having a baby" I giggle.

  "Are you okay with this?" he worries about me sweet man. He holds me in his embrace.

  "I am more that okay. At first I was freaking out a little bit. I admit it. But the thought of having a little baby with features like yours and mine combined will be amazing" I say happily.

  "Yes it will be. But I am kind of worried" he admits.

  "About what Finn?" I ask.

  "Well Syd. I am well I was a merman. There is a chance our baby could be either human or merbaby" he sighs.

  "WHAT?" I gasp.

  "You might be having a merbaby" he admits.

  "Humans can do that?" I gasp. He nods.

  "You will know if the baby is human by the time frame it will grow. It will be nine months. For a merbaby it takes only about three months then the baby comes" he tells me.

  "Oh my god! The baby could come in three months!" I stammer feeling shock come over me. "Finn how do I have this baby if he or she is a merfolk? Do I need to have the baby in water? So the baby can breathe? Oh Finn this is bad! Who will raise our baby? We are human! We can't live in the ocean now! I don't want that!" I worry.

  "Keep calm Syd. We are not yet sure if the baby will be a merbaby yet. Okay?" he tries to calm me down as tears come to me.

  "I want to raise our baby" I sniff as he holds me close to him.

  "We will baby" he vows to me as holds me.

  "Finn? Sydney? I hear fighting is everything alright?" asks Mom. Great timing. How did she know?

  "I am fine mom. Finn and I need a moment alone" I tell her.

  "Alright. Dinner is nearly ready" she tells me.

  "OKAY" I snap. Finn holds me tight.

  "Sydney if things happen that are out of our control I know Crystal and my brother will help raise the baby. IF we need them to" Finn tries to make me feel better.

This makes me cry worse. Here I find I was having the baby of the man I love. Now just to find my baby might have to be ripped away from my arms the moment I have him or her?

This was not fair!

• ❤︎ •

  "I know" I sniff.

  "Clam down. Try not to worry alright? We are in this together" he promises me.

  "Should I tell mom and gram?" I ask him.

  "No, this would worry them more. Wait until we know" Finn demands. I nod. He was right. I had to wait until I knew. Even if it killed me.

  "Can we go talk to Crystal? At least someone in our family? I would feel a lot better if I did" I say.

  "Sure, let's go find her" he agrees. We head out into the living room.

  "Where are you two going?" Mom asks me as she gets bowls out of the kitchen cupboard.

  "Out for a walk. We have to talk to Finn's family. About wedding stuff" I say.

  "Right now? Dinner is done! I made crock pot soup" she explains.

  "We will be right back. It will not take us long" I vow.

  "Okay" she sighs looking disappointed.

I wish I could tell my mom I was having a baby. She might be happy about it. She always wanted grandkids.

But it would have to wait. I follow Finn outside to the beach. We walk out there to find his family. He takes my hand into his. Bringing me comfort. The wind whipped in my long braid as we walked.

• ❤︎ •

  "Crystal? Crystal?" calls out Finn. She appears.

  "Hi guys what is going on?" she asks me as she pops up.

  "We have a problem" Finn begins to say.

  "Is the wedding still on?" she worries.

  "Oh yes" Finn tells her. "Sydney is pregnant. With my baby. The baby has a chance to be a merman or mermaid. We won't know for a while yet if the baby is human or not"

  "I see. I am sorry. Or are you happy to have a baby?" she wonders.

  "I am thrilled to be having a baby. I am worried" I admit.

  "We will help with the baby" she tells me. I forget merfolk can read minds.

  "Thank you Crystal. Though it would break my heart to leave my baby, I will if I have to" I sigh. Finn holds me close to his side.

  "You know the baby would have the best care possible" she tells me as she smiles. "I am going to be an Aunt!"

  "I know he or she will. I just want to be the one to raise our baby" I sniff.

  "Try not to worry. You will soon find out if the baby is human or not" she points out the same thing as Finn had.

  "I know. I will try not to" I sigh. What a long day.

  "I better go. Ships have been crossing the seas a lot lately" she warns us.

  "Stay safe Crystal" Finn warns her.

  "Always!" she says before heading back in the waters.

  "She is right. The baby will be so loved. So well taken care of. Try not to worry about something that has not happened yet" he points out as we head back inside the house. I was not sure how that was going to be possible.

But I would try.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|