Chapter 12

   Chapter 12
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

I was up. I could not sleep. I felt so empty without the baby next to me. My heart ached to see Rafe. We should be bounding right now. I should be planning his meals. Getting up in the middle of the night when he cries!

Not Crystal. I knew she was doing great with my baby. I knew I was going to see him the next day.

Why did the next day seem so very far away? My tears fell. I tried not to wake Finn. He needed his rest so he could be at work the next day.

• ❤︎ •

"Syd?" he calls out to me softly in the middle of the night.

"Hey" I say softly.

"Sweetheart, are you alright?" he worries over me. He sits up in bed yawing.

"Go back to bed Finn. I will be alright. I am worried about Rafe. He needs his mother" I sigh. I brush away tears.

"He does. He will see you in the morning" he reminds me.

"I wish he was here with us now. During our first night here" I stammer. Tears fall. Finn scoops me up in his embrace.

"Syd, I am sorry. I will ask Crystal to summon my father. See if something can be done to make Rafe human so we can be a family" he sighs.

"Can your father do that?" I wonder. He smiles as he holds me.

"He made the true love spell. He lost his first love a long time ago. She was a human" explains Finn.

"Wow, I never knew he made the spell. How sad for your father. He never saw her again?" I ask Finn. Finn shakes his head.

"Sadly she could not go one knowing they could never be together. She hung herself. He was going to marry my mother anyway. He had to marry for the kingdom" explains Finn. "And later he grew to love my mother"

"That is still so sad. I could not imagine my life without you in it" I sigh. He holds me close.

"Father was worried the same issue might happen to one of his kids one day. He came up with the spell. I am thankful he allowed us to be together. I could not have gone on without you" he vows softly to me.

"Same here Finn" I sigh.

I kiss his hand as I hold his hand in mine while he holds me. I wondered how Crystal was doing with Rafe. If he was giving her a hard time. If Crystal was up all night with him. Or if he slept at night. What did merbabies do anyway? Were they like human babies?