Chapter 6

Chapter 6ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

   Chapter 6
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

"So how is your mother taking things?" Finn questions me once he was off work.

"Mother is resting in the other guest room. She is still passed out cold" I giggle.

"Oh no! That is not good" sighs Finn.

"At least she knows the truth now" I tell Finn. He nods.

"Welcome home by the way" I say cheerfully. I pull him inside my embrace. He sighs happily as I hold him.

"I love you. Everyday this makes it all worthwhile to come home to" he vows to me making me melt inside. I pull him as close as I can to my body.

"I love you too Finn" I say softly as I run my fingers along the nap of his neck in his soft hair.

He kisses my neck. Then pulls me back to gaze into my eyes. He smiles. He leans down and kisses me.

• ❤︎ •

"Sugar is your Mom awake yet?" Gram asks me as she interrupts our little moment.

"Not yet" I giggle.

"Better go check on her" she grumbles.

"No let me" Finn offers.

"She hates you. No" I stop him from going in.

"It is time for peace. Our families will join. It is going to be time" he reminds me. I nod. He was right. He takes my hand into his. He leads me into the room were my mother was resting.

"Mother? Mom?" I say softly as I gently shake her shoulder.

"Sydney?" she yawns as she comes to at last. She sees Finn looking down at her. Her eyes grow wide. She sits up. "You! I know what you are! You are a...you were a..."

"A merman?" Finn chuckles. She nods.

"It is true then? I was not dreaming?" she sighs.

"Mother would you like to go back and talk to Crystal again?" I ask her.

"No, no! I believe you both" she sighs. "It is just a lot to take in. And I guess my mother was not CRAZY. Am I crazy?" she laughs out loud.

Here we go again.

• ❤︎ •

"No mother. You are not crazy" I sigh as I sit beside her on the bed. Gram comes in bringing her some hot tea.