Chapter 3

Chapter 3ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

Chapter 3
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

  Finn and I spent the day together in town. We went to the farmer's market downtown for Gram. We bought a few things to have a fruit salad. Finn and I were enjoying having time for us.

  I began to think of what kind of food we would need at the wedding. What did merfolk eat anyway? How would we serve everyone in the sea? This was going to be a lot of work that was for sure.

  "Sydney what is it?" Finn asks me as I look at all the venders selling food.

  "Thinking about all the wedding plans we have to finish up" I mention.

  "What would that be? I know we have some things done" he says thoughtfully.

  "Not nearly enough. Finn, I never thought about this before. But if your family is there at our wedding how are we going to serve them dinner? What do they eat anyway? I don't know how this is all going to work out" I worry.

  "I know what they will eat. They might just stay for our ceremony. Not sure if they will stay for the whole celebration. Your human weddings are a lot different and a lot longer than our weddings" he points out. I never thought of that either.

  "We still have a lot of work to get done" I sigh.

  "We will get it all done" Finn vows to me. He kisses my cheek. We head home for the day. I was happy that Finn had the day off of work.

I still had not managed to find a job yet before the wedding. I was desperate to make some extra cash to. I did not want Finn paying for the whole wedding.

That was just not fair.

• ❤︎ •

  "Did you have a good time today?" he asks me as I hold his hand in my own. I nod.

  "I sure did. I love days like this. With just you and I" I say.

  "Me to" he says as he smiles my way.

We soon get to Gram's home. He parks the car in the drive way. Gram had not needed the car. So she let us borrow it. I had been helping Finn learn how to drive. He was doing well with his permit so far. We just let him drive into town. We had not taken him on the highway yet. He was still learning.

  "How did I do boss?" Finn asks me as he tosses me Gram's car keys.

  "You are doing great sir! Before you know it you will be a proud owner of a driver's licenses'" I giggle as I kiss him.