Chapter 5

Chapter 5ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

   Chapter 5
ღஐ✿Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ✿ஐღ

  "So you are telling me you're off to be married and you don't have a job? You expect that man to take care of you? Look at the job he has! He won't be able to afford you!" mother was nailing into me about the wedding so soon. I groan. Finn went to work. Thankfully he was not able to hear all of this. He would not have stood for it all.

  "Mother stay out of it. Or I won't have you come to the wedding!" I snap. She looks at me.

  "This boy has brained washed you" she laughs as she shakes her head.

  "I am going for a walk" I state as I rush to get my shoes on. Had to get away from my mother before I said something I would regret.

  "Sydney! We are not done here! Do you hear me?" she demands in a furious tone. I ignore her and walk out to the beach. I wondered if Crystal was around to talk to. I needed to chat with someone. Someone other than my MOTHER.

  "Crystal? Are you here?" I call out hopefully once I reached the shorelines.

  "Hey! Sydney! Where is Finn?" she asks as she pops her head up.

  "At work. Hard at work to pay for the wedding" I tell her joyfully.

  "I bet you are excited about the wedding" she mentions.

  "I am thrilled. My mother wants me to call of the wedding. She just does not get why Finn and I want to be together. How hard we worked to be here together" I grumble.

  "Give her time" Crystal says. "Finn can win over anyone" she jokes.

  "Anyone but my mother" I sigh.

  "She will come around" she says. I had my doubts.

  "Sydney! There you are! Stay put!" mother demands as she rushes over my way. I groan.

  "Want me to get lost?" Crystal asks me. I shake my head no.

  "Let's show her where Finn came from. I think it is time my mother knows" I say.

  "Can we trust her?" worries Crystal. I nod.

  "We can" I tell her. She nods.

  "I trust you then" she replies. I smile. That took a lot for Crystal to say she trusted me. I knew she wanted to help me out.

  "Sydney! Don't take off from a fight like that again! Oh...I did not know we had company" mother gasps once she sees Crystal there with us.

Crystal waves.

• ❤︎ •

  "Mother this is Crystal. She is a good friend of mine. She is Finn's sister-in-law. She is married to his brother" I explain to my mother.

  "Pleasure to meet you. Isn't it a tad cold to be swimming right now?" mother laughs as she gawks at Crystal.

  "Not for me. I swim all year long" she brags with joy. Her tail comes up in the air.

My mother's eyes were about to bug out of her head. The tail goes back under.

  "What was that? Is there a whale by you?" mother stammers.

  "Mother there is something you need to know about Finn before I marry him" I tell her as Crystal and I smile her way.

  "What is that? Does he have a prison record?" mother stammers nervously.

  "No. Number one, Finn comes from royalty. Number two Finn is a prince. Number three...Finn used to be a merman" I state to her.

  "What?!" laughs my mother. "Not you too! You have got to stop hanging out with Grandma" she laughs.

  "Mother, come see Crystal. She is a mermaid. She is very real" I tell her. I drag my mother over by the ocean waves. Just a little. To be closer to Crystal. She moves close as she can to us. So she can expose herself to my mother the best she could do.

  "You are...you are a...a..."

  "A mermaid" Crystal tells my mother as she grins.

  "No way. This is not happening! I have gone off the deep end! Like my mother!" she gasps.

  "No mother. Finn used to be a merman. I met him by nearly drowning in the ocean. He saved me in more than one way. Because of our true love we were able to be together" I tell her.

  "But Finn is human! He has legs" she stammers.

  "Yes my love to Finn turned him human" I explain to my stunned mother. "See why we want to be together? We worked hard to be together when we thought we could not"

  "Finn was a merman?" she stammers.

  "Yes" I laugh.

  Suddenly she passed out on me.

• ❤︎ •

  "Mother! Mother!" I call out. I kneel down to check on her.

  "Is she alright?" worries Crystal.

Crystal splashes water on my mother with the flip of her tail.

  "Merman....my daughter is marrying a merman..." my mother was stammering.

Still passed out cold. I laugh.

  "This may take a little bit for her to get used to" I chuckle to Crystal. She smiles at me.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Thanks for reading!

•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•♡•

нσρє уσυ αℓℓ єиʝσує∂ тнє cнαρтєя!
           мσяє тσ cσмє!!
           ------∂αℓαιиα

• Please vote!!!

• Hit that star ☆!!

• I ♥ comments!!!

|Fan|Vote|Comment|Love|Share|Save|