1

"No. I don't like it." The princess spoke as she stared at her newly done hairstyle.

The women in the room looked at each other in dismay, as they somehow expected this reaction from her.

Her curly strands seemed to be everywhere to the condescendant princess although the people hired by the king had spent hours on her hair.

A knock was suddenly heard on the huge door to her bedroom and one of the maids moved to open it only a little.

"Sorry to bother your highness, but the guests have started to arrive and the King has requested your immediate presence to greet them." A guard timidly said as he stood at the door with his hands behind his back.

The princess sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Giving the hairstylists a little glare, she held her extravagant dress as she walked out onto the hallway, followed by her personal maids and guards.

She genuinely hated these events.

In her opinion, they were filled with old men who's only interests were the extravagance of being in the presence of the royal family, along with their needy wives who would stare at the dresses of the other women in the room.

So you could say her mood wasn't at its best.

The princess' chin was lifted high as she walked down the hallway. Her gaze was never on the ground and her stance never faltered.

Her confidence oozed as she walked past the many rooms in the castle, where servants would stop whatever they did to greet her.

She suddenly stopped her fast pace, making everyone around her come to an abrupt halt.

She furrowed her eyebrows as she turned her head to the painting on the tall walls.

"Who did this?"

The maids all looked at each other, waiting for someone to respond.

"It's from an artist downtown. His majesty purchased it a few weeks back."

"That one is horrible. It's draining. Who came up with the idea of placing it there? Have it removed immediately." She said assertively as she stared at the painting in disgust.

Two men quickly moved to remove the huge painting making the princess raise her eyebrows in satisfaction.

She continued on her confident strut as the people followed behind her.

Without a warning, she felt a harsh pull on the bottom half of her dress.

Her eyes widened as she stumbled and fell to the ground, her tight corset making it slightly hard to breath as now her stance wasn't as straight as it should be.

Her servants stared at her in shock as the princess suddenly had a fall from grace.

They had never seen her be clumsy.

"What are you staring at?! Help me up." She exclaimed in embarrassment as the maids quickly moved to help her stand.

When she was finally standing, the princess took a small breath in as she dusted her dress off of any dirt.

A gasp was heard from behind her, making her turn her head to look at the maid who had made the noise.

"What?" The princess asked as the women only stared in shock at what they had just noticed.

"Your highness... your dress...."

"What about my dress?"

The women's eyes were only wide as the princess decided to check on her own what was wrong.