35

"Oh pretty princessss! Oh- oops. Pretty queeen!" Eli sang as he skipped into the headquarters with Fran following behind.

"Eli, don't! Knock first!" She said quickly before the boy could open the door.

"Okay." He rolled his eyes secretly as he knocked on the door.

A messy haired and half asleep Jay peaked his head out with furrowed eyebrows at the brightness of the sun.

"So this is where you were. I was looking for you." Eli said with a shake of his head as if he was Jay's father.

Jay smiled softly at his brother who crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why aren't you opening the door?" He sassed making Jay's eyes widen a little.

"I'll be out in a minute. Don't come in!" He said quickly before closing the door in his face.

Eli furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and turned to look at Fran, who contained her smile as she set the table.

"Come here and help, Eli."

*****

The queen smiled brightly as she sat in her seat.

She was happy to wake up in her grounds, and she was happy to see her favorite freshly squeezed orange juice.

"You're not eating Eli?" She asked softly and the little boy shook his head.

"I already had breakfast this morning with Fran and Jane."

Hazel slowly nodded her head as she turned to look at Jay, who continued to stand there like a dog on command.

"Why are you just standing there?"

"Huh?" He asked as he looked up at her with raised eyebrows.

"You're not hungry?" She chuckled as she watched him look at her as if he was confused.

"I'm not supposed to sit there."

The room went quiet as they all stared at Jay. Even Eli.

Fran suddenly let out a giggle.

"Really?" Fran said through her laugh.

"What's so funny? What did I say?" He questioned as he turned to look at her.

The queen raised her eyebrows at him with a smile as he continued to look at her like a lost puppy.

"You're the future king, I don't think that matters anymore kid." Fran said with a shake of her head.

Jay almost had a moment of realization as he gave them an embarrassed smile.

"Oh. It's the custom. " He said with an awkward chuckle as he sat down next to the princess who only shook her head in amusement.

The tips of his ears were red as the princess stared at him in endearment.

"Well, you better get used to it, future king."

"So are you still bossing me around?"

"Jay, stop!" She whined as she pushed on his shoulder, making him let out a chuckle.

"You know the answer already."

"But I want a yes."

"I already showed you."

The princess shyly looked away before looking at him again.

"I want it worded. Expressed. Formulated." She emphasized with her vocabulary.

Jay smirked as he looked down at his plate.

The queen crossed her arms over her chest as she glared at him.