3

The princess sat in the garden next to her mother as she looked at the flowers that had just been planted.

Every season there would be new flowers planted in the huge castle garden.

The queen really enjoyed seeing them grow, while the princess just like having them in her room.

Especiallu purple anemones.

"It's refreshing to be out here, isn't it?" The queen spoke as she took a deep breath.

"I guess so." The princess said as she sat awkwardly straight from the corseted blue dress she had decided to wear.

She was always elegant. Extravagant would be the better word.

She was never normal and she loved to be outstanding. She liked that people knew to respect her just from the way she dressed.

Her hands were perfectly folded on her lap as she watched her mother hold a daisy in her hand.

"Since we don't get to go out at all, this is the best we got." The queen said sadly as she sighed.

"Why would you want to leave the castle?" Hazel questioned as she couldn't understand her mother.

The queen turned to look at her almost in disbelief, but then she realized that this place was everything the princess knew.

She never was out of the castle as a normal person, and if she was, it was during events that would only be her in a small carriage with her father.

She had heard stories, but she never got to experience what it was like.

"Once you leave you will know."

"I'll probably never leave."

Especially not as the queen..

Her eyes caught sight of the king walking into the garden with a small group of men behind him.

Hazel almost rolled her eyes as she saw why there were so many people with him.

"Hello." Wilson greeted as he smiled at the princess and the queen, who stood up to greet him.

"Hello Wilson. I haven't seen you in a while." The queen spoke as she smiled brightly.

"You saw him two days ago." Hazel mumbled making everyone's heads turn to her.

"What was that?" The king questioned as the volume of her voice was so low.

She faked a smile as she stood up to greet the prince.

"I just said how are you." She lied as she held her hands together.

"I'm doing great princess. Better now that I get to see you." Wilson said politely as he gave her a big smile.

Hazel almost cringed as she masked it with a smile.

She looked down at the floor as she didn't know what to say to the cheesiness of the comment, but luckily her mother saved the day by engaging in a conversation with the young prince.

When the guards left, the queen placed her arm around Wilson's as they walked ahead to show him the garden.

Wilson walked with the king and the queen at his sides as they spoke about God knows what.

The princess stared at them as she stood in place, wondering why this had to happen.

Although it was something she knew would come when she turned of age, she really dreaded it.

Having to deal with someone you barely know, having to marry them just to continue some type of lineage that she frankly gave two shits about.

It was making her angry.