12

The princess laid in her night gown as she waited for the maids to come to her room.

Hazel had woken up relatively early, and her routine could not start unless the maids come inside her bedroom and help her pick her clothes for the day.

They would bath her and help her get ready, and they would set up everything she might need for the rest of her morning.

A knock was suddenly heard, making the princess lift her head off the pillow.

"Young princess?"

She heard a voice call out, making her eyes widened. She turned her head to the big mirror hanging from the wall as she almost let out a gasp.

I can't let him see me like this...

Hazel looked around in a hurry as she thought of what to do, coming up with nothing.

"The princess is probably not ready yet." Fran was suddenly heard, making the princess let out a sigh of relief.

"So what?"

"She doesn't like being seen in her nightgown with no preparations."

"I'm sure she looks beautiful either way."

Hazel felt her ears burn as she looked down at the sheets with a small smile.

"Well, you're going to have to wait."

Fran suddenly opened the door to the room in a hurry, seeing the princess already sitting up on the bed.

"Why is he here so early?" Hazel asked as she got off the bed as quickly as she could.

"He wants to see you." Fran smirked softly, making Hazel roll her eyes for the very first time.

****

The multiple maids sat in the room out of Prince Wilson's order as they were requested to watch Jay have the conversation about the wedding dress with princess Hazel.

"Okay." He sighed as he used the princess' pen and quill, to write on his notes.

"What type of gown would you like? Your highness?" He almost forgot to address her properly as he watched Hazel bite her lip.

"I don't know. I will let you do your job like you did last time." She said as she gave him a small smile.

He nodded his head as he looked around for a second.

His gaze fell on the jar of cookies he had sent the night before, and he felt himself smile as he noticed they were half eaten.

Jay turned her head back to the princess, who was already staring back at him.

"Well, since you said you will let me do my thing. I'll have the gown ready for you in less than 7 days your highness." Jay said awkwardly as he closed his notebook that had the page completely empty.

Their eyes met for a split second and the room went quiet again as the princess went back to reading the book she was reading the day before.

*****

"When can I go see the young princess again?" Jane asked as she pouted.

"I've told you already Jane, the princess is preparing her wedding, she's very busy and she can't have any visitors. She doesn't have time to play princess, when she already is one." Jay said softly as he gently ruffled her hair, going back to his dinner.

It had been a few days since that awkward wedding gown encounter with the princess. Every day after that was busy, for both Jay and Hazel.

Jay had to work on the gown during his free time, while the princess had to work on other wedding preparations.