20

"The young princess is here." Some people whispered as the prince and the princess walked past them.

Her hand was around the crease of his arm as she elegantly kept her gaze straight ahead.

She led herself with more elegance than the prince did, as her posture was as straight as a bamboo stick and there was no tremble in her step.

But the gloves that she was wearing were making her fingers sweat and the corset was suffocating her ribs.

She hadn't worn a gown with a corset since the wedding and it was bad to break that habit. As a princess she was used to those types of gowns, but the way that she hadn't worn one in a week really was tripping her out.

But anyone who saw her would not be able to tell.

The princess and the prince stood at the sides of the room as they awaited the arrival of an announcer.

As any other event, it was a reunion of the rich disguised as charity.

Nothing in the event was truly for the people.

The guests in the event would pay an amount for certain things which supposedly would be given to the villagers, but the people only received 2% of the earnings.

Don't ask the princess where the rest goes, because she truly doesn't know, but she assumes it's back to the pockets of the rich, who just keep getting richer.

"Greetings! I thank you for coming to this wonderful event for a wonderful cause. I especially want to thank one of my dearest friends, Prince Wilson, and his wife Princess Hazel of Alba, for blessing us with their undeniable presence." Some guy with a glass of champagne spoke as he raised his glass.

People clapped as the prince and princess waved like they were trained to.

"Smile." The prince said through his teeth at the princess, who only looked at him and continued to greet others who greeted her with bows.

"I don't feel the need to, dear."

"Do as I say."

Hazel ignored him and continued what she was doing.

*****

The princess sipped on her hot tea as the night had reached them and they were in their carriage, on their way back to the castle.

The event took longer than expected, as the prince had decided to stay with his friends a little longer.

Wilson would occasionally grab her hand or kiss her cheek to show slight displays of affection, but the princess never responded.

All the future queen could do was sit and wave as she tried to act like she wasn't trying to drink herself into oblivion with glasses of champagne that had no alcohol.

"Have you finished your act just yet?" Wilson spoke harshly as the princess looked outside to the dark road.

"Act?" The princess questioned as she raised her eyebrows, cautiously taking a sip of her tea.

"Yes. Act. What was that in there?"

"What was what?"

"You were acting horribly in front of my friends, Hazel."

The princess winced as she accidentally burned her tongue, placing the cup down.

"Are you ignoring me?"

Hazel was too busy trying to alleviate the burning on her tongue while trying to pour herself cold water.

"Listen to me!"