4

"This isn't the complete one, it doesn't have the details yet." Jay warned as he placed the covered gown on the long table that was in the princess' apartment-like bedroom.

"I know Jay." Fran said as she smiled brightly, excited to see the outline of the dress.

She let out a gasp as she placed her hands together at the grand reveal.

"The princess will-"

The door to the room opened widely as Hazel stepped in.

The bottom of her gown fell to her feet as she stared at the people inside of her room.

Her eyes spot Jay making her nerves sky rocket, but she was good at masking it.

"Good morning." She greeted as she wandered into the room, looking between Jay and Fran, who was smiling brightly.

She looked at the object laying across the table and felt herself step back.

"There's no way I'm wearing that for Wilson's birthday." She almost whispered as she stared at the dress.

Jay looked at her in disappointment as he watched her walk closer to the table.

Hazel touched the hem of the dress with the tip of her fingers.

"It's too beautiful to waste it on an absurd birthday party that I don't even want to go to." The princess shook her head as she turned her gaze to Jay, who raised his eyebrows.

"Really?"

"I told you she would love it." Fran said excitedly as she walked towards the princess, helping her remove the shawl around her shoulders.

"I thought you hated it." He casually said as he held the dress up once again with a proud smile.

"I love it. It's amazing." She genuinely said as she nodded her head, walking over to her closet with the dress now in her hand.

She couldn't wait to try it on.

Fran held in a chuckle as she watched their interactions.

The princess had never praised anyone this much since her mother forced her to praise Prince Wilson.

There was no way that the princess didn't like Jay.

"Fran? Hello?" Hazel spoke as she raised her eyebrow, standing at the closet.

"What?"

"You don't expect me to try it in front of Jay, do you?" The princess almost chuckled as she stared at the distracted maid.

"I'm- I thought you would, your highness."

The princess stared at her in disbelief as she tilted her head.

"He's a man."

"He's the designer. You've done this before with other male designers. You're not bare under your gown anyway."

"Well he's- Why are you arguing with me?" Hazel stumbled on her words as she placed her hand on her waist.

Jay held in a smile as he invited himself to sit on the chair near the table, crossing his arms over his chest.

Hazel watched him for a second as he was looking down at the floor, a small smirk clearly visible on his face.

Her cheeks burned as she looked back at Fran, waiting for a response from her.

"I'm sorry, your highness." Fran chuckled as she walked over to the closet, taking the gown from her hand with a polite bow of her head.

*****
The princess stepped out with the dress and stood at the center of the room where she was before.