36

Hazel's father and mother sat in her headquarters in front of Hazel and Jay.

The queen was calm, while the future king was struggling to keep his leg from shaking.

"So, you announce you're marrying the tailor, without any consent, in the middle of a committee meeting." Her father spoke softly.

Hazel nodded her head with a small smile as she kept her hands together.

"I guess I'm just confused." Her mother spoke as she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Confused about what mother?"

"All of... this." She said as she gestured at Jay and Hazel.

Hazel almost laughed at the way her mother seemed to be genuinely intrigued.

"I never loved Wilson. I'm sure you knew that. I liked Jay, we became friends and I followed him around until he found out I liked him. That's a basic summary."

"When?"

"Before the wedding."

"How?"

"Didn't I say this already?"

Her father stared at Jay without a word, as Jay nervously bit his lip.

"So, when you said, 'My heart does not lie with Wilson', you meant it lies with the tailor." The former king put the pieces together as the princess nodded her head.

"So you moved him here, because you liked him."

"Pretty much."

"So your intention wasn't to help?"

"It was, but I'm sure I could've done that the same if he lived in his own house. I just wanted him here." The princess said honestly with a small smirk.

Jay turned his head to look at her with narrowed eyes and he raised his eyebrows.

"So I was tricked." He spoke for the first time making the princess look at him with a bigger smirk.

"If I really wanted you to pay me back, I would've asked you for a monthly payment." She shrugged her shoulders cheekily.

Jay only shook his head in disbelief before looking away from her. He couldn't help but chuckle in amusement.

"How come I didn't notice?"

She really did give him the easiest job ever, which was to be with her at every second of the day. All he had to do was read books and play chess games with her, all the while he was fed, there were servants at his beck and call, and he even got clothes sent to him.

On top of that, he was still getting paid!

"How come I didn't notice?!" The king repeated Jay's words as he furrowed his eyebrows.

The princess shrugged her shoulders again as she gave him a smile.

"I already solved the aspect of resources as I signed the treaty and contract with Maignes. We have more workers, more clean water, healthy fields, and the end of the war. As the rules state, I need to marry in order to have a successor but I have a choice.And I want to marry him father." She said confidently as she grabbed Jay's hand in hers.

Jay nervously caressed her knuckles as he waited for the former king and queen to say something.

The king's eyes fell on their hands as he tapped his finger on his knee.

"Do you think you're fit to be the king?" He asked Jay, whose eyes widened a little.

Jay hesitated for a second as he looked down at the ground.