Pack Business

Xander POV

After that odd meeting, Me and my Beta were mind linking from our rooms. We were talking about the fact that this pack hasn't had any rouge issues but other neighboring packs have. Something is up and I need to get to the bottom of it. I decided to ask Greg, in the morning, if he would give me a tour of the whole house, all rooms, and the entire pack just so I can see if I see anything wrong. It’s Almost dinner time and I'm stoked because ill get to see my mate. I freshen up, In hopes to impress my mate. I haven't told my beta about his Luna yet, hopefully soon after we get closer I can. I have extended my stay here for a week. 

After freshening up, I walk to their dining hall but i dont smell my mate anywhere. I'm worried. I hope I get to see her soon. I sit down to have dinner. At the head of the table is Greg, Next to him to his right is Jacob and to the left is an empty seat which I took a seat next to in hopes that it belongs to my mate. It would only make sense that's where she sits. Instead, A Girl sat there and introduced herself as Becky. She had a low cut shirt exposing her breasts and kept trying to push them into my face when talking to me. She kept flirting with me, I was disgusted. She was one of those girls who only wanted power and a nice fuck. Ill admit, I had my fair share of girls i fucked, But i never once had feelings for them. They all were just to get me by, I'm a guy with needs. I’m 25 for fucks sake, I never thought id actually find my mate. 

After dinner, I walked around the packhouse. The scent of my mate was in the kitchen, where she is no longer. So she must've been here. I see dirty dishes in the sink telling me that she ate in here and not the dining hall. Why would she not sit at the table with her family? 

“She seemed scared when we came in, and when her father talked to her, maybe she was being abused” My wolf told me angrily. My eyes flashed from blue to red, my wolf was fighting for control. He wanted to be with mate to make sure she was okay. 

“We don't know anything yet, Don't jump to conclusions just yet” I tell my wolf he backs off. 

As I stand in the kitchen Becky come in and puts her hands on my chest, 

“Alpha Greenwood, How about you come back to my room and we can have a little bit of fun before you go?” She says, winking. 

I push her off me ignoring her scoff and walk outside, I need to find Greg.

I go and find Greg. I found him outside the pack house.

 “Hey Greg” I say with anger radiating off me “Give me a tour of everything, My sole reason for being here is an investigation I didn't want to tell you but now i have some concerns” I growl lowly at him thinking about my mate.

He looks at me wide eyed and stiffens. He obliges though and now we're off onto this tour. 

Greg takes me to the kitchen off the dining hall, Looks stocked up on food for everyone. It's clean and seems like the workers are very happy. They greeted us with bright smiles. I sigh as I now have a feeling that only my mate is being mistreated. 

“Greg, I want to see where Sophia resides” I say looking at him sternly. I watch him stiffen and gulp

“ Uh i think she is sleeping should we really disturb her at the moment. May I ask why? Did she tell you something crazy? As I've told you she hasn't been the same since her mom died and has some crazy thoughts in her head.” He is visibly shaken and trying to hide something. 

“I am the king” I yell “ you will show me whatever I ask” I grab him by the collar of his shirt looking him in the eyes “now show me where sophia resides” i say through my teeth seeping my alpha power out. Me and my Wolf do not like disrespect. He nodded so I let him go and follow him upstairs. He takes me to a room that looks like it's for a seven year old. Sophia was not in the room. I step in and take a look around. Her scent is here, But he said he thinks she was sleeping, Her scent is vague so she hasn't been in here most the day. 

“Why does it look like a room for a child?” I stare him down waiting for him to lie. 

“A-Alpha she likes it this way, It reminds her of the time she had with her mom” He says lying. 

I growl loudly shaking the house, “SHOW ME WHERE SHE ACTUALLY STAYS”

He starts shaking, I know he's refusing an order. “This is where s-she stays, Ask her yourself, She's downstairs” he exclaims, walking away from me to hide in his office. I nod still fuming and run downstairs, I see her back in the kitchen drinking some water. I calm myself down before I approach her. 

“Sophia” I say softly hoping not to startle her. 

She flips around startled and looks me in my eyes. Her eyes are absolutely beautiful. 

“Gorgeous” I mumble

“What!” She looks at me shocked. 

Does no one tell her how beautiful she is, I thought. 

“I have a question darling” I look at her and see her shifting uncomfortably 

“Yes Alpha” She says barely above a whisper, If it wasn't for my wolf hearing i probably wouldn't have heard her. 

“Please, Call me Xander” I say softly walking closer to her. I watch her stiffen. My wolf whines “mate is scared of us” He says sadly. 

“Y-yes A- Xander” She smiles softly. Hearing her say my name makes my heart flip and I get butterflies. She makes me feel so happy.

“Is there somewhere private we can talk?” I ask her, smiling. 

She hesitates “ Um, Im no-not sure”

“Lets go to your room and speak” I say quietly that only she can hear. 

She nods and slowly starts walking towards her room. 

“Imagine how she looks naked” My wolf Asher says. I immediately turn red 

“Shut up dude” i say 

“Soon enough” I can feel him smirking in my head. 

Once we reach her room, She shuts the door behind me then goes and sits on her bed looking at me with fear in her eyes. I sit next to her and take her hand to calm her down. I watch her flinch and mumble “Sorry” and keep my hand in hers.

“Darling, I'm Here on an investigation” I looked at her face and she seemed really scared by this statement.. What's happening?

“U-uh o-okay” she stutters, Visibly shaking. 

“You're not in any trouble, And i apologize for not coming up here sooner. You are my mate and you are absolutely gorgeous. But,  I need you to tell me what goes on in this pack so I can punish the right people” I say, caressing her hand with my thumb. 

She stiffens “E-everything is fine” She mutters. I can tell she's lying to me and I don't like that she thinks she has to keep secrets from me. I am her mate! I guess she did just meet me, even with the mate bond, It's going to take a minute to warm up to me. I'm going to take her home with me though because I cannot fathom being away from her. 

“If you are not comfortable talking to me about it just yet, that is fine, I will give you time. Make sure you pack up tho, Because at the end of the week i am taking you home with me. You are my mate and i want you near me, For safety” I give her a soft smile 

“O-okay thank you Alp- Xander, Can i be alone now please” She asks softly looking at me worried I will strike out at her. 

“Of course my love, My room is two doors down if you need anything” I say standing up feeling sad that my mate is so terrified of me. She lays down not saying anything so I just leave the room. I go to my room and lay on the bed sighing hoping nothing bad happens to my mate. I'm already so protective of her. I slowly drift off to sleep hoping the new day helps my mate warm up to me.