Day with his mom

“Ouch” I say, rubbing my head.

“Oh sweetheart We have to stop meeting like this” I hear a sweet voice say.

I giggle awkwardly “I am so sorry, I got lost then panicked”

“Oh dear, That's okay, I too sometimes still get lost in this house. No need to panic though, You are perfectly safe here” She gives me a soft smile

I get up and help her up too.

“Xander said you wanted to hang out with me or something of that nature” I giggled.

“Oh yes, I would like to get to know my future daughter in law. I'm sure you would like to get to know me as well.” She gives me a huge grin.

“I would indeed” I nod slightly at her.

“Well, let's go to the rose garden and we can talk about how we got to where we are now” She slowly starts walking. I hesitantly follow, Nervous.

I don't want to tell my mates mom about my past. I want to make a good impression. What if she doesn't want her son to have an abused and broken mate. I wouldn't blame her, But that would hurt me deeply. Maybe if I just tell small lies. No, I can't do that.

As I continue to follow Teresa, as I just recently learned her name, I get glares from a group of girls that I can only assume are a part of Brittneys little gang or whatever. I sigh.

“Oh Honey just ignore them, Xander is quite popular for his looks, they would never stand a chance against the power of mates” Teresa gives me a reassuring smile.

I smile back an nod “Thank you”

We reach the rose garden and she takes me to a Gazebo and we take a seat on the benches.

“Okay sweetheart, We don't have to talk too much about our past, I just want to know what you like, and what you like to do so” She smiles sweetly at me.

I nod. “You know, Everytime someone asks me what I like, or what I like to do I tend to forget absolutely everything “ I giggle.

She laughs, “Oh I understand, I do the same thing sometimes.”

“I love to cook, and read books. I LOVE to do art as well.”
“Oh my, Me too hun” she lets out a sigh of relief. “I thought you were going to tell me you didn't like to do anything.

“Sometimes, I like to not do anything but when I don't feel like that those are the things I like to do” I laugh

“Me and you have similar interests. Apart from art, I don't have a creative bone in my old body,” She says. “Maybe one day you can show me your cooking skills and show me your art. I have a Huge library too. You are more than welcome to go in there and read as many books as you would like.”

“I would love that” I smile gratefully at her.

“I am so happy my son has finally found his true mate. For a while there I was worried. I just always want to see him happy. “

I smile “ I wish I had a mother like you growing up”

A voice interrupts in my head. “Maybe try a mother at all” says ginger. I sigh.

“Oh sweetie, I am now your mother in law, I'm more than happy to take you under my wing and help you along the way” Teresa says, her eyes brimming with tears.

“I would enjoy that,” I smile.

She leans in for a hug, I of course hug her back. As soon as we hug a thunderstorm rolls in. I jump slightly and chuckle. She does the same.

“We should probably go inside, From what i heard this storm is supposed to be crazy” she pushes me playfully and we both get up to head inside.