Breakfast

Sophia's POV

Me and Raya stayed up talking most the night. She was telling me all about a queen's coronation, how much she's looking forward to when that happens or something like that. I was too zoned out to actually pay attention. I was really worried about Xander. I don't want him to be in any kind of danger. I hope he knows what to do about this rouge problem that doesn't include violence.

We went down to the kitchen for breakfast, Just cereal. As we were sitting at the island Xander and Damon came in. Both looked like they hadn't slept. Damon gave Raya a kiss on the forehead and sat down next to her with his bowl of cereal. Xander sat next to me. I wish he would have kissed me on the forehead too.

“Give him time he is still getting used to having a mate. Just like you, You're taking things slow too” Ginger pipes up.

“I know but I want to experience the mate bond” I say nonchalantly

“I know one way you can experience it” I feel her wink

I shiver and quickly block her out.

I still barely know the dude. I'm not going to sleep with him yet. I know most mates bond with each other the next day but I don't believe in that. I want to get to know my mate and have a genuine connection first. Just the thought of that makes me feel icky. No shame though, do what you feel is best for you. But, It's not what is best for me. He is really attractive though… Maybe I can… NO no Sophia bad!

“Sophia!” I hear Xander shout making me shake out of my deep thoughts I look at him

“Yes, Xander?” I say seeing him wiggle in his seat and his face flushes red.

He likes when I say his name I think

“Where were you just now?” He asks

I blush “Just talking to Ginger” I smile.

I only told a half lie.

“That's your wolf right? He smiles

No dumbass, it's the invisible man in my head. I internally roll my eyes

I laugh “Yeah, What is your wolf's name?” I ask

“Oh shit, I haven't told you yet have I?” He says face palming

I giggle “No you haven't”

“His name is Shadow” He smirks

“Shadow” I say the name rolling off my tongue smoothing just like the name Xander does.

I see his eyes flash to red then back to his color I shrug it off.

“Why are your wolf's eyes Red?” I ask curiously.

“I'm a Lycan baby” He winks and drinks his milk from his bowl.

Oh! Damon mentioned this to me. Those of royal blood are typically Lycans. I need to do more research on Lycans though. Isn't he supposed to be mated to one?

“Right, I knew that” I flash a quick smile shaking my head.

“Yeah, I'm sure you did.” He chuckles and pushes me in a joking manner.

“I unfortunately have a lot of work to do today. You know, Rouge issues. But I really want to do something with you tonight so for dinner make sure you dress nice. You can wander around the pack. Or, My mom has actually been asking about you if you would like to hang out with her and get to know her a little bit.” He looks at me

“I would love to get to know your mom better. After all she's stuck with me until we die” I giggle

He chuckles and kisses me on the forehead. “I'll see you tonight for dinner”

Sparks erupt all over my body. I blushed hard and watched Xander leave the room. 

Awh fuck, Where am I going to find his mom. This place is huge, And when I say huge I mean it.

I finish my cereal and Just now realized Raya and Damon left the room. Hmm I wonder how long they have been gone for. 

I get up and start wondering about the house. Maybe she's at the castle. Why doesn't Xander stay there I wonder. I've never been over to the castle though. Maybe I can find raya and see if she can mindlink her for me. I look up, breaking from my thoughts and check my surroundings. Oh great, I'm lost in this freakishly large house, I have no idea where I am. I start running down the hall scared a little bit until I run into someone and we both fall to the ground..