Chapter 4

Izuku's body sat up, his limbs tangled in the sweat-soaked sheets of his bed, his arms reached out in desperation at nothing.

As his senses came back to him, Izuku's hands shook as he clutched at his chest, his eyes still filled with the images of Katsuki being consumed by his darkness.

Katsuki's cries still filled his ears and yet Izuku had done nothing but hold him tighter in his dreams, dragging him down further into the depth of his own hell.

"It was a dream, Izuku."

Ice pumped through his veins as he shivered in place and he tried to even out his breathing. Blood rushed in his ears, making him hyper aware as he tried to settle back into his own skin. He looked around his room, trying to name out three things he could see.

"Come on, Izuku.....I see my clothes from yesterday on the floor...... my..my cigarettes on the dresser... and.... my wallet next to it."

Izuku took a breath, his lungs opening as he went through his steps.

"I hear traffic outside... my voice.... fuck."

Izuku sighed as he covered his face with his hands, trying to focus.

"I hear my neighbor upstairs."

His body relaxed further as he curled his fingers slowly, before stretching his legs out, feeling the strain in his calves. Finally, Izuku stood up and stretched his whole body as the terrors of his dream faded to the background of his thoughts.

This had been ongoing since Izuku last saw Katsuki a few days ago.

Keeping himself distracted, Izuku decided it was time to wake up for the day and he went about his routine of a light workout, showering and trying to pick out another set of baggy clothes. He remembered to cover the scar on his cheek as usual.

Even if the regulars had gotten used to his presence in the cafe, Izuku wasn't sure if they would react well to his scars, so he kept them covered for now.

His alarm went off, jump starting his senses again, but he calmed just as quickly as he went to turn it off. He dialed the familiar number, his lips curving into a soft smile as he waited.

"Good morning, daddy."

Eri's tired voice came through the speaker on his phone, and Izuku chuckled as she did her best to sound awake.

"Hey sweetie, you getting ready for school?" Izuku asked.

His voice was still shaky from earlier, and he cursed under his breath when Eri picked up on.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"What do you mean? Nothings wrong." Izuku reassured.

"Daddy, you're a terrible liar, you know." Eri chided.

Izuku sighed. Eri could always pick up on the slightest thing, that he didn't know why he even bothered hiding anything from the clever girl.

"I'm just feeling guilty and I had a bad dream." Izuku said.

"Why?" Eri asked.

Her question was simple enough, but Izuku wasn't sure how to even explain the complicated encounter with Katsuki. He had regretted the whole thing seconds after the blonde had left, but Izuku had panicked.

"I was mean to an old friend." Izuku admitted.

Eri sighed as if she was the parent dealing with her child's misdeeds.

"Apologize to your friend, daddy." Eri said.

Izuku says nothing in return. He couldn't bring himself to promise something he couldn't do. Izuku imagine the little girl, hands on her hips as she frowned up at him for being mean. Izuku closed his eyes, wishing Eri was with him now.