Chapter 10

If Izuku could describe Katsuki in one word, resilient would be one of them.

The second word would be stubbornly persistent.

The last week, Izuku had the unfortunate attention of the aforementioned person who insisted on working his newly appointed desk duties from the comfort of Izuku's work place.

Mrs. Shuzenji was now his accomplice by making him a rather comfy workstation in the back corner of the cafe with the excuse that he was a well-paying customer. Izuku felt betrayal because of this.

"Your friend's courting may be overbearing, but he seems like a good kid. Why don't you make up with him already?" Mrs. Shujenzi said.

Izuku fumbled with the cups he was trying to put away. The tips of his ears growing hot. How much did Katsuki tell her exactly that she would use that word? He didn't know where to begin.

"He's not.... courting.... me. He's just trying to bother me while I'm working." Izuku said.

The blonde snickered from his spot, although he never looked away from his laptop. Izuku grit his teeth as he went back to putting away the cups. He straightened each one, making sure the handles all faced the same way.

"Shut up Katsuki." Izuku said.

"Don't be rude Izuku, he's still a customer."

"Yeah, Izuku, don't be rude." Katsuki said.

His brow twitched as he held back his retort. Because his boss was right. He was at work and Katsuki a customer, infuriating as it was to admit.

"I'm going to take my break now." Izuku said.

His boss waved him off with a knowing smile as she stood by the register.

Katsuki's decision not to follow Izuku into the back alley, which had become his new hiding spot, caused Izuku's uncertainty of whether to be relieved.

Or annoyed.

The cigarette he had lit was dangling from his lips, smoke easing the tension in his shoulders as he pressed his head back against the exposed brick.

He prided himself int he fact that he had not put his hands on Katsuki since that night. Not for lack of trying on Katsuki's part, but Izuku couldn't risk being tempted again.

Katsuki was his weakness, and he was thinking Katsuki knew this.

He checked his phone just in case he had missed any calls, but Kaina had been silent. He wasn't sure if he should be concerned.

Kaina was a tough cookie, but that didn't mean she was completely invulnerable and she no longer had him to watch her back, so it left Izuku antsy, his fingers tapping impatient against his phone.

"Who are you waiting for?"

Izuku pocketed the phone without responding to Katsuki. He must have decided Izuku had enough alone time. Katsuki watched him through narrow eyes, but Izuku didn't give him any reaction as he finished his cigarette.

"What do you want, Katsuki?"

Katsuki relaxed his features and thankfully didn't push the topic further as he leaned against the open door frame.

"Are you going to the festival downtown?"

Izuku wasn't expecting that question. He paid little attention to the traditions in the city, but he knew about it. He wanted to take Eri there one day, when things got better.

Some interest must have shown on his face, because Katsuki smiled.

"Let's go after your shift."

He could have said no.