Chapter 20

Katsuki Bakugo entered the lavishly decorated ballroom of the Red Level, the space a theatrical blend of opulence and whispered intrigue. Crystal chandeliers cast a shimmering light over the elite as they mingled, their conversations a mix of leisurely indulgence and covert dealings. It was rather normal except for the wall covered in a large screen displaying the ongoing fights.

It drew the occasional glances from the guests, their expressions ranging from thrill to distaste.

Tonight was special—not just another fight night, but the finale where Izuku, known as "Bunny" in these circles, was squaring off against his most last opponent of the event. The room buzzed with anticipation as guests gathered around the monitors, their attention riveted on the figure in the ring. Izuku, despite being visibly smaller than his hulking adversary, moved with a grace and determination that commanded respect.

Katsuki mingled among the high-status crowd, leveraging his known association with Izuku to open conversations. His connection to "Bunny" piqued interest, his proximity to the fighter lending him an almost reflective glow of prestige.

As the fight began, sharp intakes of breath and murmurs of awe filled the room each time Izuku dodged a powerful blow or landed one of his own.

Katsuki navigated through the crowd, his gaze sharp, as he joined a group of guests whose pins displayed a mix of red and gold access levels. The atmosphere charged with palpable tension as everyone intermittently drew their eyes to the large monitors, showcasing the fight.

"Remarkable, isn't he?" Katsuki interjected, his eyes tracking Izuku's lithe form on the screen as he dodged a vicious swing. "Bunny always saves his best for last."

One guest, recognizing him, turned with a spark of recognition. "Ah, you're Bunny's lover, aren't you? We've heard so much about you," she said, her tone both curious and inviting. Katsuki nodded, allowing a small, knowing smile to play on his lips. This acknowledgment opened more doors than any formal introduction could.

"He's outmatched in size, but his reputation precedes him," another woman added, her voice tinged with both excitement and lust as she watched Izuku maneuver around his opponent.

Katsuki clenched his jaw behind his smile.

As the group engaged more animatedly, the conversation naturally veered towards the event's leadership. Glasses of champagne in hand, they debated Tomura's capability of stepping into the shoes of his father, AFO.

"Tomura's may be a novice, compared to his father," one woman said, swirling her drink. "But the perks are undeniable."

Katsuki chimed in, his voice casual yet laced with a hint of curiosity. "Bunny's been talking about the shifts under Tomura's rule. He seems to think we're on the brink of a new era," Katsuki mentioned, his gaze flicking briefly toward the screen where Izuku, poised and focused, was gearing up for his last match.

The mention of "Bunny's" perspective piqued the interest of the nearby guests, prompting them to turn their attention towards Katsuki, their expressions a mix of curiosity and respect. "He's quite the contender," a man remarked, his eyes flickering back to the screen, captivated by the impending fight.

"Do you think Tomura can keep the empire thriving?"

Katsuki's question seemed to tap into an undercurrent of concern among the elite. "Tomura's methods are more... direct than his father's. Some say too aggressive," a guest confided, lowering her voice. "There's worry he might not keep things as under the radar as AFO did, which could make our... transactions more susceptible to scrutiny."

Another guest, a younger man with a keen gleam in his eye, countered with a smirk, "But imagine the rewards if he pulls it off. Higher risk could very well mean higher returns."