Chapter 8

The sharp cold of the water as it splashed against Izuku's face did little to ease the burning ache left inside him, but it helped to clear the images of Katsuki's reddened face laying beneath him from his traitorous thoughts.

His ear drums will filled with the rushing sound of his heartbeat as his arms grasped either side of Katsuki's bathroom sink. He knew he was stalling, hiding from both Katsuki and his partner, who had thankfully interrupted them during another distracting moment of weakness.

It was all too easy for Izuku to give into his temptations, for Katsuki something that was not lost on him, but then if he was honest with himself he knew there was never a time that Izuku didn't give in to the blonde's whims. Izuku chuckled at the absurdity of the whole situation.

"All these years and I'm still falling into you as easily as before."

Even if he understood his own reasons, the one thing that Izuku still couldn't grasp was why Katsuki had kissed him. This was the first time he had started this new, whatever, between them.

Izuku brushed back the now damp curls that had plastered to his forehead, an attempt to look more presentable and turn to head back out and greet the awkwardness that was surely awaiting him.

"I don't know about this, man. His role in all this seems too sketchy."

Kirishima's voice filtered through the sliver of the open door, making Izuku pause hand grasping at the doorknob as their voices became clearer to him.

It sounded like Katsuki had just finished updating his partner on the new information Izuku had given him, though he doubted either of them truly understood the magnitude of what that really meant.

These two now knew more about the organization than any person at their level had ever been privy to. Although Izuku knew this information could be dangerous to have, having Katsuki dig any deeper would have been worst.

Izuku had to find out what was going on before these two got any closer to the fire. Izuku was confident it wasn't anyone from the inner circles, but that didn't mean they weren't indirectly involved.

The big question left was who was the one calling the shots?

"Do you really think we can trust him?" Kirishima asked.

"Yes, he could help us."

It was the simplistic yet resolute tone to Katsuki's voice that had a warmth spread through his chest at his words. But, Izuku agreed with Kirishima that they shouldn't trust him.

In fact, it was a terrible idea to trust him.

Izuku was bound to a world that was at odds with Katsuki's. The whole point of tonight had been to steer Katsuki away from Izuku's world, to show him the dangers of pursuing this any further.

"I think you're blinded by your past with him. You're not thinking clearly. If this guy really has ties to this underground organization, then wouldn't his help go against his own best interest?" Kirishima asked.

"But he got out. My gut is telling me we can trust him. He could help us bring down who killed her." Katsuki said.

Izuku signed, Katsuki was being too forgiving towards him and his past deeds. Even he could acknowledge that much. The burden of his belief in him only weighed over his shoulders like chains dragging him further in his guilt.

Squaring his shoulders, Izuku stepped out and the two men grew quiet as his steps caught their attention. They were both sitting around the kitchen area, their gazes burning into Izuku as he tried for an uncertain wave. He didn't want to make it obvious that he had been listening in on their conversation.