Chapter 7

Katsuki kept his eyes on the onions, making sure they were nice and caramelized before pouring the stock mixture over them. He had little time since he had taken too long to decide what to cook for tonight. His only memory of Izuku's preference had been his weird obsession with his auntie's Katsudon, so he decided to just go with it. It was a simple dish to make, but Katsuki had wondered if it was too simple. He wasn't even sure if Izuku still liked Katsudon.

As Katsuki sliced the tonkatsu into evenly spaced pieces, he eyed the pan, debating on adding the spices that were part of his usual recipe. It was a nice kick from the standard Katsudon and was much more to his taste. The problem was, he couldn't remember if Izuku even liked spicy food and it would just be his luck that Izuku would complain about a little heat.

No, knowing Izuku, he'd grin and bear it, even telling him it was good while his eyes watered like a baby. The very thought aggravated him enough that went a bit more heavy-handed with chopping the last bit of pork as the knife banged against the wooden cutting board.

"If you don't like it, then starve!"

"You're so not going to add it, are you?"

Katsuki glared at Kirishima whose face reflected on the phone he had propped up against the olive oil, his eyes gave away how much he was enjoying Katsuki's overthinking. He ignored the other man grumbling under his breath as he placed the pork over the onions before drizzling the beaten eggs over everything.

"Shut up, I'm just not in the mood for anything spicy today, its got nothing to do with him!"

Kirishima chuckled as he leaned forward, his face getting so close to the camera that Katsuki could see the small scar over his right eye. He remembered how bad it had looked when it happened, blood pulling over the whites of his eye after Katsuki had lashed out too hard during their afternoon spar. They hadn't been that close yet and Katsuki had been angry by the persistent red head who kept following him around and the results were the sobering fact that he had almost damaged his classmate's eye. The guilt had been enough to admit to himself that he had a problem, while turning him into a pushover for Kiri, who took full advantage of it.

Kiri said it was a symbol for the start of a beautiful bromance, Katsuki said it represented the end of his peaceful days.

"Are you really sure about this? Bringing him to your house.... alone?" Kiri asked.

The worry tone to his question was the only reason Katsuki didn't call him out on the fact that it was the tenth time he had asked this question. Katsuki finished with his dish, placing the meat and onions over the steaming white rice he had prepared. He added a bit of garnish before covering them up over the plate warner for later. Thinking it over, Katsuki reached for his bottle of extreme hot sauce and placed it nearby for himself.

"Everything will be fine and after he finally tells me everything, I'll decide if I need to bring him in officially."

"I'm just worried that you're being blinded by your attraction to him, so much so that you won't be logical about it."

Katsuki didn't respond to his friends worry as he picked up some of the mess in the kitchen, mostly because they had already had this conversation, but also because he didn't want to admit that had it been the other way around he would have told Kiri the same thing.

The clock on the wall stated he only had another hour if Izuku showed up on time, which was cutting it close, since he still had to get ready.

"I still need to shower and get ready, so check in with you later."

"Don't forget to check in every 30 minutes." Kiri said.

Mina, who must have been close by, appeared over Kirishima her pink face split into a mischievous grin.