dark red

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘:
[panic attack, really briefly mentions nightmare]

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
dark red - steve lacy
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

sapnap had to practically drag himself home, tired after a long day mining with dream. his body was worn out and his steps felt light as he hardly had the energy to lift his legs off the ground.

he quietly opened the door, not wanting to wake up his fiancés in the rare chance they had already fallen asleep, hanging his pickaxe up on the tool hook and dropping the bag of coal he'd collected by the front door.

the was no noise in the house as sapnap trudged into the kitchen to find himself some food. he couldn't be bothered to cook himself a proper meal, deciding to just re-heat some chicken from their dinner the night prior in the microwave.

he watched blankly as the food rotated, taking it out before it had even fully heated and wolfing it down before he made his way upstairs, excited to get dressed into something more comforting than his armour and see his beloved fiancés.

he approached their bedroom door, slowing down his careful steps as he heard the sound of hushed whispers through where the door was creaked ajar.

"only you're my boy," quackity's whispered, followed by the sound of a sweet kiss, "only you, babe."

"only you, darling," karl replied quietly, and sapnap could almost hear the small smile, "you, and only you."

if he wasn't so tired and uncomfortable from his long day, sapnap would've recognised the whispers as thoughtless sweet-talk, no ill intentions at all, and, realistically, they were probably only still awake because they were waiting for the ravenette to come home.

but his thoughts were disoriented, their words plunged into his heart like the sharp of an axe, and he could feel the tears coming before he had any power to stop them.

sapnap turned around, dismissing his desire for clean clothes and comfort in favour of going back downstairs.

he sniffled quietly to himself until he was out of hearing range, letting the tears free-fall as he collapsed onto the couch.

he took a deep breath, standing back up to take off the bulk of his armour and leaving himself in just his underlayer of leggings and a vest, dropping back down, now with the flexibility to curl up on himself.

sapnap's head was ringing from the stinging headache he'd bought on, the overwhelming mental and physical pain leading him into an undeniably dissatisfying night of sleep.

his eyes blinked open at the feeling of a gentle hand shaking his shoulder, "sap?"

sapnap tilted his head up slightly to see quackity smiling down at him- the usual fluttering feeling in his stomach being replaced by a sickening emptiness as the other spoke, "why did you sleep down here darling?"

sapnap felt his throat restricting as the words echoed through his head.

only you darling