wasting my young years

𝖎𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙:
i am changing the layout of these songshots! the trigger warnings will now be listed in the author's note at the bottom of the oneshot to prevent spoilers!

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
wasting my young years - london grammar
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

sapnap sits in the centre of their double bed, photo album open on his lap.

he flips the page, a breath of amused air slipping by at the photo his eyes land on. it's him and dream on a couch at a party, karl in his lap with his legs spread across the blond too. george took this photo, sapnap remembers, and they were all absolutely smashed on cheap beer.

nowadays they would stay away from that stuff at all costs, but it was the best they could get when they were so young.

on the opposite page is a picture from the same party. this one's a mirror selfie taken in the bathroom. the phone is in karl's hands, poorly hiding the blush on his face, and sapnap is standing behind the brunette, his own arms wrapped around his lover's waist, chin on karl's shoulder as he grins into the reflection.

it is an incredibly innocent-looking photo, considering what sapnap remembers them doing in that bathroom just minutes beforehand.

karl loves taking photos just after a 'core memory' as he calls them, because it makes it easier to remember.

sapnap looks away from the album to blink a few times, eyes burning a little.

he's fine.

he flips the page again and is a little surprised. up until this point, the photos had been in chronological order, getting more recent as he went on, but this photo was years before the last ones.

this photo was taken on their first official date, when they'd gone to a dessert place together. sapnap remembers he couldn't sleep the night before, too giddy. he kept himself up with imaginary scenarios, most of which consisted of them sharing a single bowl of ice cream.

he scoffs at the photo, more specifically their two separate pots.

he was stupid for thinking they would share one anyway- what crazy person wouldn't want their own ice cream?

sapnap looks up as the bedroom door opens, seeing karl walk in.

the brunette smiles, gaze flicking to the book, and he says, "oh, are you being all sentimental?"

sapnap hates the cold cold feeling that freezes over his heart. he shrugs, looking back down at the pictures and flipping to the next double page.

the bed dips as karl sits down beside him. "oh, that's so cute," the brunette says with a smile, hooking his chin over sapnap's shoulder like sapnap had been doing a few photos back. his hand comes into sapnap's vision, thumb stroking over the image of sapnap's face. "you look so little here."

sapnap nods slightly in agreement.

this photo is probably three or four years old, so it makes sense that he looked younger. his beard was patchy then, his more prominent feature being his acne, and he still had most of his 'baby fat', despite being well into his teens.