count on me

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘:
[super briefly mentions blood, mentions suicidal thoughts]

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
count on me - bruno mars
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

UPDATE: i now have a full book called 'count on me' which is based on the story from this oneshot but continued and developed (with more sapnap)

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

"heya georgie," dream greeted with a smile, putting the phone on speaker before plopping it down on the counter and turning back to the onions on the chopping board. dream didn't cook often, but it's sapnap's birthday tomorrow and he felt motivated so he thought, why not? "why're you calling?"

"i'm gonna kill myself."

that isn't what dream had expected to hear.

he dropped the knife back down, quickly picking up the phone, "george wh-"

"i'm not," george interrupted, "i'm not going to kill myself," he elaborated. george never cried in all their years of friendship, but he certainly sounded like he was about to . "i just-" the brunette cut himself off with a frustrated groan, "dream something really bad has happened."

"what's up?" dream asked worriedly. when george didn't speak dream was quick to urge him, "talk to me gog, i'm right here."

"dream... beth's pregnant," he whispered, and the blond heard how his breath hitched.

"i thought you-"

"were breaking up with her, yeah, i was," george sighed, "that's when she told me."

dream was commonly the person that people went to for advice, he was always there for his friends and he almost always had answers. but not now. he had no answers.

"dream, please say something," george practically whimpered, his voice shaking.

the food went forgotten as dream sat down on one of the chairs at their counter island. he took a breath, deliberating what to say.

"okay, firstly, no matter what happens it will be okay, you're going to get through this," he spoke clearly. "secondly, how serious were you about... you know?" he didn't want to say it.

"i'm not going to kill myself," george assured, "not now."

"not ever?" dream asked hopefully, rolling his already destroyed lip between his teeth.

"i can't promise that," george answered honestly, "but not anytime soon at least."

"okay, that'll have to do for now," dream replied, swallowing the lump in his throat, "do you know what she's going to do with it?"

maybe george wouldn't want to talk about that right now, but dream needed to know the details before offering advice that the brit was so clearly yearning for.

"she's keeping it," george answered, and dream could hear that he was definitely crying now- whether it was happy or not he couldn't tell. "which i'm happy about," well, that cleared it up. "but-" a sob echoed through the phone, "she doesn't want it. like, she doesn't want to be a mum."