chance with you

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘:
[anxiety, mentions ocd]

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
chance with you - mehro
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

punz was never shy at school- it was never his thing. he was always known as one of the loud kids, one of the rowdy boys whose parents would be called in on reports of bad behaviour and poor attention. his mum got him tested for adhd once in hopes that the condition could prove as an explanation for the way he acts, but to no avail. it wasn't even like he was a bad kid, he just liked to talk. punz liked joking, making people laugh, being the centre of attention and having people know who he is without even having to try and make an impression.

though, that changed when he moved to his new school.

he had to move houses for his father's work, and as exciting as it had been, he didn't like that he'd be joining halfway through the school year, when friends were already made and impressions had already been cast. everyone already knew everyone and he was going to end up as the weird new kid that no one dared talk to (or, at least, that's what he thought would happen).

really, he'd been overthinking, because within his first day, punz had been accepted into a friendship group of absolutely amazing people, all of them being so welcoming and kind to him right from day one.

punz hung out with them every minute at school, spending every lesson with at least one of his new friends, and it wasn't long until their friendship crept into their home life too. punz would spend each day after school with his new friends, laughing and chatting and loving every single second of it. punz loved his friends at his old school, he'd known them for years, but even with them, he hadn't fit in this perfectly.

however, despite the seemingly unfaultable friendship group, there was one minor issue.

they weren't exactly loud.

in fact, they were a very quiet group, easily falling into the background and disappearing behind the personalities of much more outgoing students. none of them seemed to mind, so punz just joined them. he adapted to the group, slowly becoming transparent as he spent every passing moment with them.

though, even as he began to fade into the scenery of the school, nothing more than a body filling a chair in the background of someone else's show, punz still struggled to feel as though he wasn't being constantly perceived. maybe that was because he was so used to being the centre of attention his whole life, so his brain struggled to grasp that he was no longer the main character.

or, maybe, it could have something to do with stolen glances and questioning looks, untold stories and unanswered questions.

maybe, the reason punz continued to feel so very seen was because of the eyes that followed him, the attention that seemed to shift onto him the second he entered a room, the boy who seemed more intrigued in punz than the blond had ever felt in himself.

punz had heard all about karl.

he'd heard stories of flipped tables and arguments with teachers, detentions and suspensions and other sanctions they'd had to introduce just for the brunette. he'd heard rumours of threatened home-schooling, found out that this karl boy was the principal's son and that was the only reason he was yet to be excluded.