friends

𝖙𝖜 𝖆𝖙 𝖇𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖔𝖒 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖔𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖙

𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖎𝖓𝖌:
friends - marshmello
⇆ㅤ ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ ↻

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

"can we talk?"

dream looks from the shadowed figure in his doorway to his alarm clock, bright red and reading 2:12am. he internally rolls his eyes since he promised himself he'd be asleep by half past but nevertheless says, "yeah, what's up?" and gestures for his friend to come in.

sapnap does too, shuffling into the room and over to the bed. he sits down on the empty side of the mattress and dream shuffles over to give him more space, his bedside lamp lighting up the ravenette's uneasy expression.

"what's wrong?" dream prompts again, offering sapnap what he hopes is a comforting smile.

the blond can hear the rain pattering against his window and can't help but feel a strange sense of deja-vu as the pair sit in the same positions they've been in so many times.

dream always invites him in, and every time he thinks it's going to be something new, something important, and every time he wants to scream when sapnap eventually says:

"i think i'm in love with you."

the blond knows his expression is unimpressed when the ravenette glances over at him, an annoyingly hopeful glimmer in his eyes.

"stop looking at me like that," the blond speaks emotionlessly.

sapnap bites his bottom lip, blushing as if dream had complimented him as he looks down at the bed, shy and bashful.

dream is always astonished by his friend's blinding lack of shame. he's insane simply because he keeps coming back with the same confessions, but dream thinks he's equally as crazy because he can't see how boring it is for the blond. having a crush is fine, but sapnap needs to know when to stop, for the sake of not ruining a good friendship.

"you don't love me sapnap," dream says, even though the younger's persistence is making him think that maybe he actually does.

"i do," sapnap insists, looking back at dream with doe eyes and a sweet smile. the expression actually sends dream spiralling towards a state of certain insanity. "i can't stop fucking thinking about you dream. i thought it was a phase, or i was confused, but like, i'm sure this is what love feels like."

dream raises an eyebrow at his friend. "sapnap-"

"and i think you feel the same," the ravenette blurts. "i've noticed how you look at me and i know you've turned me down before but i just had to try again, in case you've realised now."

"i'm not in love with you, sapnap," dream easily denies, words honest and true. dream doesn't even know for sure if he's attracted to men yet. "we're nothing more than friends."

"but we could be more," sapnap hints, blushing harder than before as he shuffles closer to dream.

the blond holds his hand up, stopping sapnap before he could do his routinely kiss-attempt. "stop," he says, keeping his voice stern despite his internal amusement. "you're not my lover, sapnap," he tells him. "we've known each other since we were like ten, man, i basically see you as a brother."

that makes sapnap grimace, the ravenette replying, "don't say that. that's so gross."

"exactly!" dream replies, sitting up straighter. "it's gross, sapnap. you're my best friend, it's weird when you come in here every few nights saying you're in love with me. haven't i made it obvious that i'm not interested?"

"you haven't given us a chance, dream," the ravenette pouts, shoulders slumping.

"listen sap, i've made it clear that i only see you as a friend. why don't you fall in love with george or something? what about karl?! he's cute."

dream feels like he's running in circles, repeating the same conversation they've had six thousand times.

"is that what this is?" sapnap asks, looking unreasonably upset as he sits back away from dream. "you like karl?"

"what?!" the blond boy breaks out in a wheeze, shaking his head through his uncontainable laughter. "jesus, sapnap! you're insane!"

"love makes you crazy," sapnap shrugs.

dream audibly groans, throwing his head back against his headboard with a thump. "sapnap, listen," he looks back at the ravenette. "you're my best friend, you know that, but you're messing it up with all this love shit. you know you mean the world to me but every time you do this you're just pushing me away. it's repetitive and it's boring and i don't like you like that."

sapnap squints his eyes, head tilting slightly. "are you sure?" dream groans. "no, hear me out!" sapnap starts, "we know everything about each other. we have been friends for so long and we understand each other and we would make such a perfect couple. dream i don't think you realise how in love with you i really am. please?"

"you just don't give up, do you?" dream scoffs, almost impressed by sapnap's willpower to fight for something he'll never get.

"come on dream, you know you love me too."

"no i don't, sapnap!" the blond almost shouts, scoffing in disbelieved amusement. "i don't like you sapnap, not at all. i don't even know if i'm bi and even if i did like guys you wouldn't be my type and even if you were, which you aren't, then this psycho love shit would've put me off months ago."

sapnap looks like dream just shot him when he disheartendly replies, "well you don't have to be so rude about it."

"i do though!" dream laughs. "you can't be reasoned with, sapnap. i tried to be polite but you just don't get it!"

"i only wanted one chance," sapnap shrugs, evidently upset.

"do i need to spell it out for you?" dream asks. "f-r-i-e-n-d-s, sapnap, that's how you spell friends. get that shit inside your head," the blond says. "we. are. just. friends," he says, exaggerating each word with gaps between.

"okay fine," the ravenette mumbles. "you're right, i'm sorry. i won't bother you about it again. goodnight dream."

the blond feels bad, but knows it was necessary. "goodnight sap," he replies, watching the younger boy leave, his door clicking gently shut.

he gives it three nights max until the ravenette is back again.

♩✧・゚♬✧・゚♪: *✧♩・゚:*

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗/ 𝖈𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘:
[none?]

idk i guess angst

congratulations!! you just read 1026 words!

hope you enjoyeddddd

love you lots

-kit