>7<

•Aisha•

"Daddy, are you still coming to my performance next week?" 

"I have a meeting at that time sweetheart." 

I quickly hide my frown with a smile, "But I didn't even tell you the time?"

I watch him freeze for a second before looking at my mother who was scowling at him. "I'll be busy all day." 

I nod and say nothing else. 

Feeling my throat closing up I get up from the table not finishing my breakfast. 

"I just remembered that I need to get to class early for a project," I mutter picking up my bag. "Bye daddy, bye ma."

I leave the house before they could say anything. Thankful that my mom didn't force me to finish breakfast like she normally would. 

The moment I got to the car, I let my tears fall. 

Why couldn't I be immune to emotional pain? 

I got to my first-period class early than usual. The only person in the class was the nerdy twins that I never talked to and Azrail. I sit next to him, careful to not bother him since his head was down. 

Things were weird, and I don't know if it was a good or bad thing. The last time we saw each other was two days ago during the napping incident. 

I think about hugging him all the time, but I don't want to make him uncomfortable. So I say nothing, waiting for him to make a move but that still hasn't happened. 

"Is the world ending?"

I'm pulled out of my thoughts by his voice. I look at him and raise a brow. He was still laying on his desk and glancing up at me. 

"What?"

"The world must be ending if you're in class early." 

I roll my eyes at his words, a smile sneaking its way on my lips. "No, I just don't have morning practice today."

"Even when you don't have morning practice, you're here on time not early." He points out. I nod agreeing with his observation. 

"Just wanted to leave the house," I mumble, remembering what happened this morning. "My dad isn't coming to my performance next week." 

He nods in understanding. He is the only person that knows about my relationship with my father, I don't even know why I told him. It just felt right. 

"When's your performance?" 

"Next Thursday evening," I tell him getting excited. "It's a small performance to get people ready for the end of year one." 

"That sounds fun, how long have you been dancing?" 

"Since I was two, I loved dancing and was determined. I want to make it national one day." 

"Do you want me to-"

"What are you going here so early?" Blake's voice cuts Azrail off. 

Azrail rolls his eyes and lay back down and I go back to Blake, kind of irritated that he interrupted us. 

"I'm failing the class, I can't afford to be late." I half lied. 

He nods believing me. "I won't be able to come to your performance next week." 

I frown, not him too. 

"Why not? You promised." 

"Sorry, the girl I told you about. She needs help catching up on her classes since she missed so many days and started the school year late."