>36<

Wednesday, April 28th, 2027 

Aisha's P.O.V.

"Everyone is staring," I whisper to Azrail.

"They always stare," He answers unbothered by the news. He was leaning on my locker waiting for me to get my stuff out before we walked to class. 

"Yeah, but this time it's different."

"How so?" He asks, opening his eyes slightly to look at me. 

"I don't know, they seem like your biggest fans." 

He rolls his eyes and pulls me close to him. "Are you jealous angel?" 

I hit him softly. "No, I'm just not used to it." 

"They're just curious because of the events that happened last time I was here, it'll all blow over by next week." 

I nod. He's right, if someone else were in a coma after the school shooting, I too would be staring at them when they come back. 

"Did you make your decision?" He asks changing the subject. I sigh and shake my head. 

Decision day was in three days and I still wasn't sure what school I wanted to go to. "I want to do ballet, want to try and become a prima ballerina but also developed a joy for app development, so computer science is in mind."

"Why not do both?" 

"Is that possible?"

"Angel, you are smart and capable of doing everything and anything, I don't see why you don't think you can do both." 

"But that's a lot of time and money and stress and," 

He pecks me on the lips to stop my ranting. "College is stressful that's true, but it never hurts to try, you are lucky enough to have a family that can afford your dreams."

I nod. "But what if I forget myself, what if the stress is too much and I neglect my health."

"I won't let that happen," he reassures. "And you don't have to do both right away, maybe start with one and slowly ease your way to the next?" 

I give a quick peck on the lips, the bell interrupting us before it went any further. 

"Time for class," 

"We can always skip," He smirks and I shake my head. 

"I think you've had enough break from school." 

He nods agreeing with me and we both make our way to class, hand in hand. The morning classes went by faster than expected. Teachers leave us alone to study or work on projects for the end of the year, they were done teaching for the semester. 

"You got less work than I expected," I comment looking at Azrail's workload. 

We were currently in the library during lunch hour, I was studying for my AP calculus exam doing the study guides the teacher provided while Azrail worked on his missing work. 

"Instead of making me do every minor work, the teachers prepared packets of the important stuff to work on. Next week I have exams to see if I understand the courseload." 

"What about your AP exams?" 

"I don't think I'll be taking them."

"Why not?" 

"I don't really need them for my major, and I don't mind retaking some core classes. Less stress for me."

"Fair enough," I sigh going back to my workbook. After a while, I feel Azrail hands on my shoulder. 

He starts giving me a massage like he always does when I'm stressed. It doesn't make a difference physically, but the action and thought behind it calm me down. 

"I love you."

"I love you too angel, so much." 

+++

Saturday, May 1st, 2027

Today is decision day and I still haven't picked a college. 

Azrail was next to me, providing me with emotional support as I scroll through social media reading our classmates' decision-day posts. 

Tessa was going to Columbia University in New York, majoring in biochemistry. Blake was going to Howard majoring in engineering and Abigail is going to some school, I didn't care to finish reading her post. 

"Are you really going to wait for me to pick before you pick your school?" 

Azrail nods. "I'll follow you wherever you go, angel." 

"And if I pick a ballet school are you going to learn ballet for me?" I tease, smirking at him. 

"I'll go to one of the schools that's near that school, I applied to a lot of schools angel." 

"You're so obsessed with me."

"I am." 

"I think I'm reading to make my decision," I say with a big sigh, clicking on one of the tabs to make my final decision. 

After doing so, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Azrail holds me close to him and gives me a kiss on the forehead. 

"I'm so proud of you," Azrail praised before going to his computer and picking his choice. 

We both close our computers and face each other, a series of emotions running through our eyes.]

"So you're really going to follow wherever I go," I state. 

"Forever and always." 

"We're growing up, graduation is in two weeks." 

"The world isn't ready for us." 

"They aren't angel, they aren't," He echoes, giving me a kiss on the lips. "Now go get ready for the barbecue." 

Jason and Rosalie were hosting a small barbecue, to announce their engagement and Azrail's well-being. They invited us and our family to join the celebration, but we were already running late because of my decision day breakdown. 

After getting ready I go back down to Azrail who was waiting for me patiently. I give him a once over, my man looked fine. His hair was freshly cut, and he was wearing all black. 

"Damn," I muttered looking up at him and licking my lips. "I got a fine boyfriend."

I watch as the tip of his ears turn red, a small smile coating his pink lips. His eyes were filled with love, and lust as he pull me into a hug, his hand drawing circles on my back. 

"I got a fine girlfriend." 

"Maybe we should go upstairs, we're already late, a few more minutes won't hurt." 

"Rosalie will kill us." 

"She'll understand," I say, grabbing his hoodie and pulling him upstairs to my room. 

"No running," He says picking me up and throwing me on his shoulders, his long legs getting us to my room in a few seconds. 

As drops me on my bed softly a squeal leaves my lips, which was cut short by his lips dominating mine.