>34<

-Aisha's P.O.V- 

The Patient has woken up. 

Those were the doctors' words. 

When those words left his mouth, I rushed to the room while Azrail's mom cried and thanked the doctors. 

He was laying there, still connected to some machines but it looked like he is able to breathe on his own and that's what mattered. 

He did not see me come into the room, he was still laying back while the doctors check on him. I noticed that the doctors were able to touch him without any issues, which raised concern. 

Universe, please don't let this be a false alarm. 

I walk up to him, the doctors give me a nod of permission to get closer. 

"Turtle," My voice cracks as I touch his hand. It was warm, comforting. More tear falls out of my eyes as I felt him weakly squeezing my hand. 

"Angel," He whispers, his voice cracked and dry, a side effect of not drinking water for two months. 

"Shh," I whisper back when I saw he was struggling to speak. "Don't overdo it." 

The nurse that came into the room handed me water with a straw and I give it to him as he slowly drink. 

"My baby," His mom sob out finally walking into the room and sitting on his side opposite of me. 

"Mom," He whispers, his voice a bit clearer. 

"Can we hug him, doctor?" I ask, feeling like holding his hand wasn't enough. 

At his nod of approval, I give Azrail a big, but cautious hug. My body finally relaxing after months of stress. 

"I love you so much," I whisper. 

"From the looks of it, your son seems to have made a great recovery, it's a miracle." I hear the doctor explain as I was hugging Azrail. 

"We will keep him here for tests and to watch over him," Another doctor add. "If everything goes well, he will be dismissed by the end of the week, the earliest."

"Thank you, doctor."

"We'll leave you be." 

The doctors leave the room as I pulled away from the hug. 

"Mom you can touch me now, give me a hug," Azrail says reaching out to his mom who was still sobbing. I step back and watch the reunion between the two. 

Mrs. Morris, hugged her son with all her might, praying over his head. I watch the scene as they make up for years of affection. A tear left Azrail's eyes as his mom hugged him. 

"How?" She asks him, pulling away and fixing his hair. 

"This is going to sound crazy," He says giving her a shy smile. "My birth mom thought me how to control my powers, now I can choose who I harm." 

"Baby, I've raised you for years, trust me, what you just said sounded completely normal to me." She says with a small laugh. 

"Don't ever do anything this stupid again," I yell and softly hit his arm after he pulled away from his mom. 

"How long have I been out?" Azrail asks a small chuckle leaving him.

"Two months," I answer.

"I'm sorry for worrying everyone, but angel, if I had the choice I would do it a million times over if it meant saving your life." 

"I don't care Azrail, you were on life support, the doctors wanted to pull the plug." I sob. 

"Good thing I have you two to protect me," He jokes, making me roll my eyes.