Chapter 8

♕Maxwell♕

"Maxwell, we are leaving! Hurry up we can not be late!" My mother yelled at me. We had a stupid dinner with my stupid father's partner. I did not want to go at all. Of course my mother had to convince me, so my father wouldn't snap at me. I rushed downstairs and my mother helped me with my tie as we rushed out to the limo waiting on the circular driveway.

My father was on his phone the whole way. My mother kept telling me how I had to be on my best behavior and to not try to talk too much. She explained to me how important this dinner was and how they had a son and a daughter who were my age. I wanted to get this dinner over with already.

They had a huge house. It didn't really look like a house more like a mansion. We all got out and walked up the stairs to the enterance. My father fixed his tie and stood up staright while my mother fixed her dress and hair. She knocked on the door and we waited. A man opened the door and led us to the front room. The house didn't have a lot of family pictures mostly paintings.

"Robert, Claire how are you?" A lady with hazel green eyes, brown hair asked as she walked in and hugged my mother and father. She looked at me a smiled warmly. "And you must be Maxwell." She said as she hugged me. I just awkwardly patted her back and gave her a small smile. "Come on, let us go to the dinning room that is where my husband is." She said as she led us through the house.

We stopped at a double door and they opened up as we arrived. They had a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The food smelled delicious and I just couldn't wait to eat.

"Good evening I'm glad you could make it Robert." A man said as he stood up from the head of the grand dinning table. You could tell he had power by the way he stood and walked like he had the world in the palm of his hand. He did that man hug with my father, complimented my mother while kissing her hand, and he gave me a pat on the shoulder while he nodded his head at me.

"My childern will be down in a minute." The lady said while taking her place at the table. They started talking about the business and their jobs and all that shit. I was droned out that I didn't notice two new presence in the room until the man stood up and waved them over. I still didn't get their names. I would have to ask mother later.

"Look at you two!" My mother yelled as she walked over to the new people. My mother blocked my view from seeing their faces. "You two have grown so much. When was the last time I saw you two? Alice they have grown so much, and they look so much like you two. I remember when they were just starting to walk." My mother said while looking at the lady who's name I'm guessing is Alice. "Aaron is your son going to take over?" My mother asked the man who's name must be Aaron.

"Yes he is, isn't that right Reece?" Wait. Did he just say Reece? As in the twin Reece? My mother moved out of the way and I saw the twins from school. They both looked at me with the same shocked expression. Well this should be interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey guys summer just started! I will have more time to post chapters! Thank you so much!
Follow
Favorite
Read
Enjoy!