Chapter 32

♕Maxwell♕

It was Friday morning. Reece and I had been planning all week for me to finally be able to ask Jessica out on an official date. I came up with the idea of a scavenger hunt. Reece said it was good as long as what she looks for are things that we know about each other. I wouldn't be able to see her until she makes it to the final destination. Reece would give her the first clue. I asked Katherine for help and she was glad to help. I also had to ask Joey for help. He eagerly accepted his task and carried on with his day.

"Okay, the eagle is leaving the nest, I repeat the eagle is leaving the nest." I chuckled.

"Okay Reece, thank you." I hung up and made my way to the final destination. As I came near it memories flooded my head. Memories I didn't want to remember. I got into the parking lot and sat in my car letting the memories consume me.

"Maxwell! Can you win me the penguin, please?" I looked down at Annie and her puppy face. I chuckled before asking the man for three darts. I popped all three balloons. Annie squealed before telling the man which stuffed animal she wanted. I looked at her. She looked so happy and carefree. It had been such a long time since I had last seen her this happy.

"Come on Maxwell! Hurry up I wanna ride the roller coaster next. Then we can go to the funhouse. I can't wait!" We got on the roller coaster twice before I told her that it was time to move on. She dragged me to the funhouse.

"Maxwell, we should get our faces painted! It would be so much fun!"

"Annie, wait up!" I looked up to see her standing still in the middle of the walkway. "Annie what is it?" I looked to where she was looking and instantly tensed. "Come on, I think I saw another face painting booth over here." I dragged her away, but not before turning back. He nodded his head and walked into the shadows.

"You should get your face painted!" Annie had her face designed into a butterfly with many swirls and designs.

"I'll get a little Batman symbol on my cheek. How does that sound?" She pouted but nodded anyway.

"I had fun Maxwell, thank you." I gave her a small smile and kissed her hand. She giggled before getting comfortable for the drive back home.

"Well it's almost our 3 year anniversary. You should be excited for that." I looked over at her, but I couldn't see her face. "Annie, I love you."

The sound of my phone ringing snapped me back to reality. I looked at the caller. It was Reece. I looked at the time and saw that it was already an hour since school ended.

"Hello?"

"Okay, the eagle has landed in the nest. The eagle and the cat are in the eagle's room getting ready. Are you there already?"

"Yeah, I'm here. I am going to give the man at the entrance that last clue."

"Okay I'll send you a text when the eagle leaves the nest."

"I sent the limo to pick her up at 6."

"Well trust me the eagle takes a while to look good." He chuckled while I just rolled my eyes.

"Okay thanks."

"Later." I hung up and got out of the car. The carnival didn't open until 6:30. I got here early just, so I could set everything up for the perfect date. I couldn't wait to see the look on Jessica's face.

"Mr. Powers?" I nodded my head and he opened up the gate to let me in. Sometimes being rich had it's perks. Today had to be perfect. It was the first official date I would have with Jessica. I couldn't ask her out in person since Liam was always around her. I gave her a little scavenger hunt.

"When a girl in a limo arrives give her this last clue and try to help her find her way. Thank you." I gave him the clue and walked towards the picnic tables. I had set up a special table just for us. It was secluded from the rest. I made sure that everything was in place before heading off to the roller coaster. That was going to be our first ride of the night. I couldn't wait to get started.

-----------------------------------------------------
Another flashback! Reece and Maxwell came up with a plan! Coming up Maxwell and Jessica's first official date! Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!