Chapter 27

♡Jessica♡

"The decorating committee is exhausted!" I collapsed onto the couch. I heard Reece chuckle. We had spent all morning decorating the entire house. Of course the staff had helped us out since Reece had gone crazy with the decorations and bought so many.

I crawled up the stairs to my room to get ready. I jumped into the shower and stayed in there letting my body soak up the hot water and relax. It was 3 and the party started at 7, so I enjoyed my shower. After a while I got out of the shower and went into my room. I grabbed a tshirt and a pair of shorts before walking back into my en suite. As I was about to start my process of getting ready there was a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled from the en suite. I looked up in the mirror and saw Reece standing there. He held up a box. I walked towards him and read the note.

Happy birthday Jessica! You're turning 18! You have grown up to become such a wonderful young lady. We love you. We are sorry we couldn't be there!

Love mom and dad

I scoffed and rolled my eyes before opening the box. There was a necklace. It had diamond studded leaves with pearls. Of course they would give me something expensive.

"What did they get you?" I asked Reece. He shrugged before taking out a wallet. "They gave you a wallet?" He chuckled and shook his head.

"No, they gave me money." He showed me inside and I saw a bunch of hundred dollar bills. I raised an eyebrow and he just shrugged. "Don't forget to meet up with me before the party, so we can give each other our gifts remember?" I nodded my head and started to get ready.

I had curled my hair and did my make up. I walked out and grabbed my dress. It was still in the box and I couldn't wait to take it out. I opened the box and gasped. My dress was beautiful. It went down to my mid-thigh. It had spaghetti straps. The starps had jewls that covered the top and the bottom was soft, silky, free flowing, and white. It was the perfect dress I had been looking for. I put it on and it fit me perfectly. It fit my curves and felt like a second skin. I put on the white jewled high heels that Charlotte gave me with the dress.

I walked towards the mirror and looked myself over. I looked good. I grabbed the diamond earrings that Charlotte aslo gave me and put them on along with the diamond bracelet also thanks to Charlotte. I grabbed the necklace my parents gave me and saw that it would match, but I didn't want to wear it tonight.

"Reece!" I walked down the stairs and saw Reece talking to the dj about the music. Every year before a party or dinner for our birthday we would give each other our gifts. This year I bought Reece a silver bullet, and dog tag with the words, I love you, you dork, engraved pendant. He had been talking about getting one for a while, but he was to lazy to get it.

"Okay, here you go." He gave me a little box. I opened it and gasped. He had gotten me a diamond studded ring. I took it out and saw that on the inside it said, I love you lil' sis, I felt my eyes start to water. I looked up to see Reece with a giant smile on his face. He then engulfed me in a hug. "Thank you, so much." He whispered into my hair.

"Your welcome." He then let me go and took out the pendant and put it on. I took out the ring and placed it on my forefinger but it was too big. Reece chuckled before pulling it out and grabbing my thumb.

"It goes on your thumb." Oh. That explains why it was so big.

~*~

The party was in full swing. It was packed. It was so hot from all the dancing sweaty teens. I had been dancing with Kat when I decided I needed to breathe and get some air. I went into the kitchen where I saw a single soft drink sitting on the counter. There was a note on it with my name written on it. I grabbed the note and read it.

I have a special gift for you. I wanted to give it to you alone. With no one else around. Come watch the moon and stars with me. If you can find me.

Max

A small smile came onto my face. I had to go to the roof. That's the only place we could see the moon and stars. It was the only place I had ever taken him. I walked up the stairs and went to my room. I opened up the window and climbed the ladder. I almost fell twice. Note to self: never wear heels and climb the ladder.

I walked to the top and saw Max standing there with his back towards me the lamps were lit and I saw a rose trail leading to the center. He had a bottle of champagne and two wine glasses. I bent down and took off my heels.

"I found you." He turned around and the wind blew his hair everywhere. He looked gorgeous standing there with his hands tucked into his pockets. He gave me a smirk and I blushed looking away.

"Happy birthday, babygirl." He held out a box and I opened it. It was a necklace with a cresent moon and a diamond studded star. The words, Aim for the moon, reach for the stars, were engraved onto the cresent moon.

"It's beautiful, Max." I looked up at him and saw he had a small smile on his face. "Will you help me put it on?" He nodded his head and I turned around handing him the necklace. He pushed my hair to the side and I felt his fingers skim my neck causing me to shiver. He brought the necklace to the front and placed it on my chest.

"There." He whispered putting my hair back into place. I turned around to look at him.

"Thank you. It's really beautiful." He shrugged and nodded his head. I loved the necklace. It made me feel unstoppable.

-----------------------------------------------------
Picture of Jessica's dress ---->
Reece and Jessica just have the most sweetest brother and sister bond! Perfect Maxwell and Jessica moment! :) Sorry for any mistakes! You know the drill!
Read
Vote
Comment
Fan!