Chapter 50: It Was a Bad Breakfast

JUDAH

Olivia wasn't beside me when I woke up. When I was about to look for her, my morning alarm sounded, so I had no choice but to get ready for work immediately. I wasted no time in my routine. It took me 15 minutes to shower and get dressed. Longer than the usual 10.

I guess I got used to Olivia preparing my work clothes for me before I wake up. She started doing that in that in the second month we were married. She did it during the nights we'd fall asleep in the same room after doing mountains of paperwork, which was almost every other night.

"Damn this watch," I cursed under my breath as I tried to get the Rolex on my wrist. After a few more seconds of struggling, I finally succeeded. Taking one last look in the mirror—hair, shave, musk, collar, outfit—I left my room.

"Olivia?" I called out the seemingly empty house.

I took out my phone, about to call her as I got down the stairs, but then I heard the sizzling of cooking in a pan; the smell of bacon and buttering pastry wafting in the air. I rushed to the dining room and saw her, preparing a meal.

A huge wave of relief came over me. I soundlessly moved closer, stopping a few feet away from her.

I smiled to myself as I watched her cook. It felt like I could do it for hours— just staring at her lovely back through her thin, silk robe. She had a bra on, which was quite disappointing. But that being noticeable means she only had her underwear under that robe.

My smile only widened.

Her hair pin was falling off and some of her strands were slipping from her messy bun, but it held up high enough to reveal her nape. I could still see the marks I made last night.

After a few minutes, I decided watching wasn't enough.

I walked towards my wife and gently, teasingly, I snaked my arms around her waist from behind.

"Oh my go—Judah," She gasped, almost dropping the plates she was holding.

"Good morning," I whispered into her ear before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"Judah, I have syrup on my hands. I might get it on you," she whined, dropping her plates and holding her sweet-covered hands in the air, not knowing where to put it.

I gently turned her around. I put my hands on the counter, locking her in, "Then get it on me."

As she smiled shyly, I leaned in and kissed her.

"Judah," she moaned, parting her mouth for air, "You're already dressed. I can't get you dirty."

"Oh, yes you can. You absolutely can," then I cut off any other words from her with a deep kiss.

She finally responded, wrapping her hands around my neck, but still careful not to touch me with her fingers. I smiled as I tasted a little bit of pancake batter in her mouth. It was the taste-testing for sure.

I couldn't help myself. My hand found its way to the belt of her robe. But as I started pulling on it, she suddenly pulled away from me.

"Wait," she inched backward, lightly pushing against my chest with her wrists. "Let's just have breakfast first."

"What?"

"If you need to go already, I can pack your breakfast for you."

"I-I have...," I stepped away as well, unsure of how to respond to her sudden change in mood and resistance. "I have time to spare for breakfast."