Chapter 30 | steps

****
A/N:
this chapter contains mature content, please skip if you're 16 or under!!!!!!

The mature parts will be sectioned off like previous chapters with ****

Anyways, enjoy! ❤️

******

"What's on your mind?" Chan stroked the back of your hand as you two were chilling at a Japanese restaurant, in a private booth.

You rub your temples with your freehand as you let him soothe your anxiety.

"I'm itching to read the comments but I know it won't help..." you confessed to your urge that was lingering for the past couple of hours.

"I know, I know. But it's easy to get caught in the thick of it." He continued tracing circles and little patterns.

"I could tell you you're trending on Twitter. We've posted about you too." He showed you his phone, your promotional poster as the photo with lovely words of support from the boys. He scrolled along, showing you more people from the company also showing their support. You were happy with the blessings but of course, it's hard to ignore the permanent small fraction of hate.

"Thank you Channie. I just want feedback and criticism you know?" You flipped his hand as you drew circles on his palm instead. But he interlocked your hand with his.

"Leave it for a few days, then do that." He stroked your cheek with the side of his finger, pinching your nose playfully as well.

"Promise?" He saw the uncertainty and conflict in your eyes.

You nodded in response which earned you a kiss from him in the back of your hand. It made you felt at ease, his gentle reassurances and encouragement has really helped you accept and focus.

"Matcha sundae?" The waitress chimed as she set the dessert next to your hands.

"Thank you." You both said, he scooped a small spoon full and you did too.

He did a little happy dance as he tasted the silky smooth ice cream filling his tastebuds. You smiled at his silliness and had a spoonful of your own. He took some of the mochi and motioned it towards you. Even though you both are sharing the same thing, it's always been a habit of his to share. You've learnt it's his love language, even though you could feed yourself. You finished his spoonful and returned the favour which made him smile even wider.

Chan always knew what to say and cheer you up and along. The kind gestures, the encouraging hugs, the simple text messages. Who knew you'd be sat here at a nice restaurant, with him across you, sharing dessert.

You gently bit the spoon between your teeth, the matcha lingering yet the coldness of the metal spoon distracts you still.

"So you've got all the music shows and a showcase live stream?" The boy realised your lack of a response and looked at your day dreaming self.

He felt a wave of relief, seeing you space out, meaning your mind is relaxed. Thoughts miles away, probably thinking about a memory. He stood up calmly and disappeared for a bit, the sound of his chair snapped you out of your mindless thoughts.

You realised he's finished the ice cream but left a strawberry for you. You smiled as you munched on your favourite fruit. Eyes following Chan returning to you while slipping a bit of paper into his wallet.

Ah... cheeky.

"You should of at least let me split it with you." You gave him a frown as you walked out of the booth to put your jacket on.

"Someone was spaced out, didn't want to interrupt your train of thought, could've been new material." He held up your cardigan as you slipped your arms through.