Chapter 34 | The Chance of Lightening

it's been a few weeks since you two have practised the collaboration. The choreographer tweaked a few parts and added suggestions. You two were doing a few last rounds of practise before the official filming on set.

You adjusted your posture and felt your feet tense in the heels. You wiped your sweaty palms on your silky dress. It was a figure hugging blue-black silk dress that flowed along with your curves from your waist.

"You ready?" Chan mouthed as you two stood at the far ends across from each other. You gave him a nod as he played the song in your split earphones. The music broke the room's silence, in sync with what the two of you are listening to. Members of staff still chatting and organising as the two of you start the steps.

Perfectly formed steps and synchronised movements dotted across the white room. Your light paces followed his bold strides, feeling each other guide one another. Two figures forming a singular shadow against the brightly lit backdrop.

His white linen shirt followed his movements as your dress did with yours. As elegant as swans gliding across an endless pond.

You felt him stop in his tracks which made you lose your balance. Bumping into him but he caught you by the waist in time.

"Sorry, my love... This is really annoying me." His gentle whisper naturally brought your hands to rest on his shoulders for balance and to take pressure off your feet. You felt his hand travelled up to your back.

You felt your dress tighten as he pulled the half zipped up dress now all the way, hooking the eyelet to secure it. You realised it isn't fitting the way it's supposed to. You noticed your stylist coming along behind him.

"Sorry Y/N...I forgot to pin your dress." A junior assistant came along with a bunch of safety pins. You embarrassingly turned your head away from Chan as you now realise you're experiencing a wardrobe malfunction on set with at least 30 members of staff.

"Hey..." He tucked your neatly curled hair behind your ear. One of his many favourite gestures.

You knew what he was about to say. But you still felt embarrassed as your dress was practically hanging off you and didn't even notice it. You caught the corner of your head stylist's eye and she quickly grasped the situation.

"Y/N-ah, come and let me fix your hair." She gestured you to follow her, Chan gave you a worrying squeeze by the waist but let you go, trailed by the panicking young assistant who was still apologising. You reassured her as things like this do happen.

"Unnie..." you looked away from the older lady who was already going through other dresses on the rack in the dressing room.

"Don't worry, the team got the wrong sizes, pretty sure these were meant for someone else." She pulled out a floral dress, seemed more comfortable than what you have on.

You let her exchange the dress and you looked into the mirror. It was a short puff sleeve dress, the chiffon material made the dress look lighter, the dress was lighter than the previous one, the skirt moves better with your movements.

"I rather you feel more comfortable that fit a concept any ways."

You smiled at the comment but still couldn't help but feel bad for the young stylist. The cream coloured floral dress was just as beautiful but felt out of place. The heels were changed to a cream coloured sandal-heel. Hairstylist Unnie changed your hair to now a half up half down look, a ribbon holding the section apart.

"You look better, like the original film." She gave you a nudge as she felt your lack of confidence. You swallowed that feeling as you thanked your team and went back to the filming area.