Chapter 35 | Oddinary

The choreography video was a huge hit and was featured in entertainment articles and fan pages. Thanks to it, Stray kids and you've gained new found popularity. Well, a wider variety of audience for Skz. Both fandoms have benefitted from you and Chan's special.

So much so, due to high demand. You're doing a special episode on Chan's room.

Skz 2021 playing on shuffle in the background as he was setting up the camera. You were reading a book as he did so.

"Do you think we're showing too much of the room?" He asked as he adjusted the phone on the stand clamped onto his desk.

"No, I think that's fine." You looked up from your page you were half way through.

Chan sat next to you on the sofa and looked at the camera, checking it again. You looked into the camera with him and smiled. He turned to face you as you did too. He brought his thumb close to the corner of your eye.

"Ew." He wiped off a fallen eyelash onto your shoulder. You gave him a light pinch to the ribs.

"What do you mean ew, you can make a wish with that."You rubbed your eyes in protest, making sure to not smudge your eye liner.

"I'm joking, my love." He closed it eyes for a brief moment and blew it away from his finger.

"Ew you're actually doing it."You made a funny face which made him chuckle.

"Yes that's fine. Start whenever you're ready." Skz manager hyung double checked everything and left the room.

You placed your book on the sofa and stood to the corner of the room where Chan quickly restarted the music and joined you after hitting play.

He was sat on their chair humming while scrolling through the comments. You fiddled with your earring as he smiled at the comments with the mention of your name.

"Hello Stays, welcome to Channie's room. How's everyone~" he sing sang the last part of his words.

You were busy eyeing your book on the sofa. Wanting to finish it but, of course, you're here now to do a vlive not read.

"Where's Y/N?" Chan read aloud a comment after seeing a flood of the same question.

You looked up to meet with his eyes that he already had fixed onto you. You gave him a little grin.

"Um..." he looked at you as you shrugged and told him it's up to him through awkward body language.

Chan just giggled at you and the comments blew up with notes of knowing you were there from the start.

Chan slid towards you in his office chair, grabbed you wrist, the back of the chair was the only visible thing in frame. You reached for another office chair next to the next and dragged it in. You plopped down as he held the arm of the chair in place.

"Hello everyone! Thank you for having me." You gave the camera a massive smile, the views doubled in the span of two minutes. Comments of ships, love and support made your heart feel so warm.

"Aw Stays..." you smiled while scrolling through the comments. Chan shared the same grin.

"Our very very very special guest is Y/N, surprise~" he slung an arm around your shoulders.

"Today we'll be listening to our beautiful guest's songs and songs we would both love for Stays to listen to."

You both were enjoying each other's company and jokes. After a few songs, Chan decided to do another Q&A with Y/N.

"Y/N-ah, please give me some book recommendations!" Chan asked in a higher pitched voice. You smiled at his attempt of a Stay's voice.

"Hm...I've read one called 'The Rules of Love' which is interesting. I'm half way through the first book of 'Dune' and it's going really well. I'm not normally a science fiction reader but it's really engaging." Chan nodded and chimed in.

"The author of that series does many books on different topics?" Chan titled his head, trying to recall something.

"Which one? Dune is a series too." You took a sip of water after asking the man.

"The Rules of guy."

"Ah yeah, there's ones like 'Rules of People', 'Rules of Life' etc. I haven't read any other than the one on love." You say as you bring up a list of books by the author.

"Interesting. Maybe we should start a book club." Chan looked at you and beamed.

"That would be good but you need to sleep more." You sighed as he shrugged.

"Anyways..." Chan tried to change the subject and he hummed.

"Chan-ah, please release an album with Y/N!!!" You were taken by surprise at the comment's request. This was something that you briefly thought about but didn't really put much thought into.

"I'm not sure if your schedule would allow that..." You trailed, failing to hide the slight disappointment.

Chan looked over to you and tried to look into your eyes, even though you were pouting, avoiding eye contact. He held onto your hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. He squeezed again when you didn't react.

"I'll make time for you if that's something you'd like to do too?" His words cheered you up a lot, you looked up now, with an excited smile.

"Really?"

"Of course, I enjoy singing with you, I don't know why we don't do it more often." Your wide smile assured him that you're happy with his answer.

The comments continued to spill in with many song requests for your potential album.

"Well Stays, it's been a lovely time we've had together today. Thank you again Y/N for joining me on this live. And we shall see you next time." Chan wrapped his arm around your shoulders and you leaned into him, hold up a peace sign while winking.

"Bye bye Stays, thank you for having me!"

"Channie, out." He copied your pose as you stopped the livestream. You two paused for a few more seconds just to make sure it's ended. Chan leaned in and kissed your temple.

"Thank you, I know you're tired." He kissed your cheek this time.

"You know I like your lives. I'm always happy to join in." You turned to him and left a soft peck on his lips which he returned.

The two of you remained where you were, Chan now with headphones working on songs, while you continued with your book. When he only needed one hand, so the other would gently caress your thigh as he didn't want time take your hands which were needed to turn pages.

"How do you read so quick?" Chan moved one earphone behind his ear to speak to you. You stayed silent as you finished the page you were two lines away from.

"I've always been reading." You looked to the leader. He just replied with a small smile, remembering you always had a book with you.

"Did you mean it?" You couldn't help but ask.

"Hm?"

"The album thing." He saw your eyes sparkle with anticipation to his answer.

"Of course, I think it would be a great idea. We can test waters by recording some covers first. I'm sure there something in my laptop we can use too." He stroked the back of your head, giving you such comfort. His smile widened as he spoke.

"Are you going to write something like Red Lights and Drive?" You wiggled your eyebrows which earned an embarrassed look from your boyfriend.

"Who knows..."

Potential | Bang Chan x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara